06 | 𝕬 𝕲𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝕿𝖍𝖊𝖔𝖗𝖞

Start from the beginning

Saeko hummed, "The population has lessened because of this." How can a metropolis be silent-dead in just two days? I still wonder where were all the people, did they all died?

A few minutes arrived, we halted in front of a drugstore and dashed inside, She opened the glass door which had an 'open' sign hanging.

The door closed behind with a ring of a bell from above. We jumped over the counter and grabbed as many stuff as we could. To our surprise, it seemed that the drugstore was left untouched.

Our bags were full, it was time to go back. I heard a slight sound from behind which I chose to ignore. "Let's go—" I turned to Saeko who hastily pulled out her sword and dashed towards me with full-speed, I stood my ground bewildered.

"Go down!"

With no hesitation, I did what she told me and ducked. Her shoulders brushed against mine. With a slight turn, I saw her slashing her sword horizontally to the right, going through a monster's head only 5 inches away, chopping it off in a blink of an eye.

The head bounced down and rolled towards me, blood splattered everywhere, majority of it landed on my body like it was meant to be.

Breathing became erratic, my heart was racing for a marathon. It was too much blood to my liking.

My vision went black.

✖ ✖ ✖

When I came to open my eyes, two girls stared at me worriedly. Their eyes shined when they saw me awake.

Chaeyoung sighed in relief, "Y/n, are you alright?!"

"Are you okay?" Dahyun asked.

I scratched my forehead before sitting up, we were at the back of the truck. Pain stretched across from my spine down to my lower back from the hard ground, "Where are we—"

"Good, you're awake. You passed out," Saeko cleared her throat. The divider between the head of the truck and the back was open.

"For how long?" The car was rolling faster than before. The tires were screeching in speed. Are we still outside?

"An hour—"

"Then where are we?"

Bump!

We all groaned from the sudden motion of the car jerking upwards then coming down. Saeko hissed and kept her hands gripped tight on the steering wheel. "What is happening?" I let out confused while slowly standing up and peeking through the open divider.

Saeko didn't answered, her focus was on the road with her eyebrows furrowed. "Why are you driving so fast—" Crack! I turned around to see where the noise came from, the girls were watching the back door anxiously. Walking towards the door which had a small window, I peeked through it.

My body immediately backed away from surprisement and found myself sitting on the ground, goosebumps immediately traveled down my spine. "Wah! What was that?!!"

"We don't know, but is has been chasing us for half an hour—" Chaeyoung and Dahyun shivered in fear, they scooted further from the door.

It was a ten-feet tall giant, muscles bulky, big feet, small head and one bloodshot eye, and naked! It was grinning widely showing its crooked yellow bloody teeth. I have never seen such a creature before. It was chasing us down—fast—only a few feet away from us, with every stepped it took the pavement cracked in agony.

"Hold on!" Saeko yelled just before the truck turned with a screech into a sharp turn to the left which sent us flying to the right side of the truck.