Chapter 23

Aadrika's pov:

Everything was chaos. Aadvik and I were captured by some guards and kept at a place. I had no idea where my father or Aadvik's family were.
Everything was finished. We are all going to die.

I was swimming in tears. But my mind had the deepest hatred for Naadir. I was cursing him in every word I could remember.

He betrayed us. He was our friend. Most importantly, he was a part of our tribe. He betrayed our people, my father, his parents, Aadvik.
He took the help of the rival tribe at the cost of our lives.

Everyone around us were killed. There were screamings. So loud. Naadir was no where to be seen. He was a betrayer. He even killed his parents. How could anyone be so heartless?

When he can kill his parents, I could tell that we were waiting for the same fate. And then there was pain. And blood. Somebody hit my head with something.

Aadvik hovered over me.He was saying something. I couldn't pay attention to what he was saying. Then, 
darkness welcomed me.

                               ****
The pain was still there. I could hear people talking. And somebody's groans and grunts. I slowly opened my eyes. The sun was rising from the hills.

I looked at the person who was groaning. I instantly started screaming when I saw it was Aadvik.
His face was covered in blood. He had a blue eye and so many cuts on his face. His lip was swollen.
Near him, a body layed. I glanced at it. Oh my god. My father.

He lay on the ground completely covered in blood. I recognized his clothes. But something was missing. I was beyond horrified to see he was missing his head. I screamed the life out of me, crying and wailing. His head was nearby. His dead eyes were still open.

Then I saw Naadir was there too. I started cursing him. At the moment I felt a sting on my cheek. I looked at saw that one of the guards slapped me.
Aadvik looked as if he was about to pass out.

Naadir looked at me. There was something on his face. Pure evil. He looked possessed.

"So lets get this started."

He punched Aadvik once again, in the stomach. Blood came out of his mouth. I was about to pass out again. I lost so much today. My father, my tribe. And I was about to loose more.

I watched them beat Aadvik. There wasn't anything I could do about it.
I kept struggling, hoping that maybe one of the guards will have mercy on me and let me go. I wanted to be with Aadvik. Cry in his arms. Mourn.

But I couldn't.

"You never noticed, Aadrika. Not even once. I have loved you since when I first saw you. We played together. We spent our entire childhood together. Even when both of you told each other about your feelings. I still knew that one day you will let him go. When you realize that you love me.I love you. And I know that you do too. You will realize it. But for that, Aadvik will have to die. Only then you will let go of Aadvik and see me. "

He told me everything that be did.

The only thing visible were there faces. I couldn't see anything else. Aadvik was covered in blood and that is when the sword split his head and body.

I screamed. And I kept screaming until I had no more energy.
I looked at him. I lost everything. My family my tribe my everything. I want to die. God was on my side when a stabbing pain came in my chest and I closed my eyes for the last time.

Naadir's pov:

I killed my brother. Aadrika kept screaming. I looked at my brother detached head. His eyes were open. I sat down and closed them. The screaming stopped and I looked at Aadrika to find her on the ground. I quickly rushed there. I checked her. She wasn't breathing. Oh god.
She is dead. She dies. I killed her. What have I done?
I looked at my brother and realized the consequences of my actions. Aadrika, my family, my brother, my people were dead because of me.

I cried hugging Aadrika. Guards surrounded me. I looked up to find the chief smirking evily at me.

"We don't want a kind of person who couldn't be with his own people. You destroyed them. We have no place for you. We can't  trust you."

And that is when everything went black.

Malvi's pov:

I woke up gasping for air. I looked at the diary. Oh my god. Now Virat words make sense.
I went to tell him everything. That is when I stopped.
It was Nishant who betrayed me and Virat. Virat was innocent. He was Aadvik.
And Nishant was Naadir...