The career he had worked on almost half his life, the career he had build by sacrificing days and nights of his teenage, all gone because of a stupid accident.

"Jungkook." Taehyung whispered out after contemplating for quite a bit.

Jungkook stilled. His initial slight movement stopped. Taehyung was sure the other recognized who he is. It was a pretty obvious thing.

A few seconds went by in sheer silence. Not even a word uttered between them. Taehyung held his breath at what was to come.

Will he shout at me? Will he be mad that I came? Will he ask me to leave? By any chance, will he welcome me? Taehyung shook his head briefly to get rid of his unnecessary thoughts.

"Leave me alone!"

There it was. Taehyung was bewildered at the sudden change in his voice. It was no longer vulnerable and weak. It was cold and emotionless.

Taehyung felt a slight pang in his heart when he realized how Jungkook was willing to be vulnerable in front of Jimin but not him. It was no big deal but Taehyung was once again reminded that the trust and respect he once had in the others' eyes were all burned to ashes.

"I won't." Taehyung replied with finality, voice stern, leaving no room for discussion.

Jungkook remained silence for a few seconds but those mere seconds felt like hours to the other who waited for his response.

With a final sigh, Jungkook lifted the comforter off him, yeeting it to the corner of his king-sized bed and faced Taehyung.

Now that Taehyung saw his face, his bloodshot eyes, tear-stained cheeks and blank eyes, he felt ten times worse.

"I'm fucking sorry but I don't want you here. You can un-invite yourself and get lost cause I'm in no mood to see your fucking face-"

"You can't play any longer?"

Taehyung challenged with a raised brow, completely ignoring Jungkook's rant.

"What?" Jungkook asked in disbelief, the blood rushing to his face at the shamelessness of the other. Even if they were no longer friends, they had been companions at one point in life. Shouldn't Taehyung have kept at least that into consideration before speaking so carelessly about something he knew was sensitive to him?

"I think you heard me clearly." A sudden shrug of shoulder accompanied his words, The black haired male knew he was playing with fire. He had to take the risk of toying with him because the Jungkook he knows would never accept the consolation he'll give him, and right now, he can't leave him alone either.

Explains his actions a bit, doesn't it?

"I fucking did but, what? The fuck you mean?" He was getting furious and Taehyung smiled internally. No matter how much time passes, Taehyung knows him like the back of his hand.

He mentally praised himself for thinking of that at the spot and proceeded with his plan.

Slowly standing up from the bed, he walked slowly and started collecting the random objects that were laying on the floor.

Jungkook followed his every move with hawk like eyes, furrowed brows were displayed evidently on his face.

"Well I meant that--I heard you can't continue playing any longer. That's a shame. I was even a bit sad at the news but seeing you like this...", he pointed at Jungkook, scanning him from head to toes, even pulled out a disgusted face at the other before continuing.

"...Just reminds of how immature and childish you are." He finished his sentence with a perfect smirk.

He should've been in a drama with how well he was acting right now.