“Anniversary…”

Without thinking, the words left her mouth.

“I haven’t prepared an anniversary present for Jungkook -ssi yet.”

“Ah, okay. I will call for the car.”

At Lisa’s words, Secretary Kim lowered her head.

Lisa barely managed to calm her thoughts and tightened the belt of her coat. Once the car had arrived, Lisa got in and closed her eyes.

Outside, it was a gorgeous April day, but Lisa had a horrible headache. She felt as if the sun was boiling the blood behind her eyes.

“Don’t cry, Lisa.”

A cold voice rang inside her thoughts.

“If you cry, I’m going to gouge out your eyes.”

The terrible images flashed through her head.

“No!”

“What?”

Lisa immediately recovered her senses. She realized that she was sitting in the backseat of the car. Through the rearview mirror, Secretary Kim questioningly gazed at Lisa’s complexion.

“I-It’s nothing.”

Lisa barely managed to respond calmly. However, her heart was beating rapidly inside her chest. Dread and terror. These emotions were rumbling inside of her. Lisa grit her teeth and looked out the window.

The car was headed to Cheongdam-dong. Just like last year, they didn’t ask for her opinion of where to go to get Jungkook ’s anniversary present.

“Are you not feeling well?”

Secretary Kim asked softly. Lisa looked back at her through the rearview mirror and managed to reply with a chuckle.

“It’s nothing. I’m fine.”

A person’s voice could be so skilled at lying. Secretary Kim was watching her as if she was worried for her. Lisa’s answered calmly as she regulated her breathing. They were all skilled liars.

Lisa turned her head and looked out the window. They were on the bridge passing over the Han River. The car made thumping noises as it crossed the bridge. She felt as if she was the young girl looking up at the sky as she looked through the beams of the bridge. Running as fast as she could in her bare feet over the bridge… Lisa quickly tilted her head back and closed her eyes.

She entwined her fingers on her lap. How many years had it taken to get to this point?

Suffocating in suffering and rage, searching for an exit that wasn’t there… How long had she endured it?

That’s enough.

Lisa laughed bitterly. Emotions wouldn’t help in any situation. Anxiety, sadness, dread, and even suffering. They didn’t help her at all. They only hindered her. She didn’t need something like that.

“Young Madame?”

Lisa raised her head when she heard Secretary Kim’s voice. All traces of worry had left Lisa’s face.

Lisa lightly got out of the car and entered the luxurious entrance of the department store. The bodyguards had already gotten out of their car behind her. Lisa didn’t look at them at all, but they were already looking around at her surroundings naturally.

As if they were already alerted of her arrival, the best brand-name watch store’s doors were open. It was customary for this store to only allow one VVIP customer in at a time. As soon as Lisa entered, the shutters of the shop entrance lowered, and the store manager came up and politely introduced herself.