𝙲𝙷. 𝟸𝟺 ☯︎︎ 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚜

Start from the beginning

It's then that an idea strikes her head and she pulls out a key card from the pockets of her jumpsuit, dragging the boy she ran into over to the nearest janitors closet and opening it by sliding the keycard over the pad. The light on the keypad turns green and she hurriedly opens the door, pushing the confused boy into the small compartment and heading in after him.

She locks the door behind her and squeezes in next to the boy so that they're chest to chest, controlling her breathing just as her purser rounds the corner. The longer they stay in this awkward position with their faces mere inches away from each other, the louder he can feel his heart patter against his chest and his face grow hotter.

"What do you think you're doing—?"

"Shhh!" The girl clamps a hand over his mouth to silence him which only worsens his flustered state. Listening intently to what's going on beyond the door of the janitor's closet, they both hear the adult that was chasing the girl yell in anger.

"Oh, you think you're funny, don't you?! Well, we'll see who'll be laughing once I tell Ursula what you've done this time!" Huffing, the man chasing her storms away, muttering curses and threats which makes the girl called 'Kurenai' giggle slightly.

It makes him wonder what exactly it is she did to get that man so riled up. Luckily for him, he didn't have to poke around for any answers because the girl was already filling him in on all the details.

"I stole his keycard to get access to the candy machine on the 7th floor since only staff has access to it." She informs him excitably, fishing her pockets for a moment before pulling out three bags of skittles for him to see. "It was too bad that he caught on too early, I could've gotten more."

She stuffs the candies back into her pocket and listens one more time to make sure the man chasing her has left. Moving away from being huddled up close to the lanky boy's chest, the girl opens the door slightly, poking her head out as the boy watches her curiously.

Once she's sure they're in the clear, she swings open the door and pulls him out into the hall they were just in, handing him back his books. He mutters a small thank you and begins to walk away from the girl when he feels her cold fingers skim his neck as she pulls him back with much force by his collar.

"Aht-aht-aht! Where do you think you're going?" She calls out as he stumbles backward because of her, his eyes widening just as she pulls him down by the collar to be at eye-level with her.

"I-I was just l-leaving because... because...," He stutters, a red-hot mess, taking in the soft features of the girl in front of him. She was attractive, he couldn't deny it, and being this close to someone so attractive to him wasn't good for his heart.

"Why are you stuttering so much? I just asked a simple question." The girl pushes her bottom lip out in a pout, frowning at how much the wimpy boy in front of her struggles to give her a clear answer. "Fine then, I'll ask you something simpler. What's your name?"

"S-Seonghwa." Her lips break into a warm and welcoming smile and her eyes shine with recognition, lighting up even the darkest places of his mind with its brilliance.

"You're the newbie Max acquired! I've heard lots about you!" She states it as if it were some sort of huge accomplishment. The way she looks right now makes Seonghwa wonder what someone as bright as her would be doing in a place like this. "I'm guessing that's why you have those vials in your back pocket." She adds on, stunning Seonghwa for a moment as he recounts the poisonous glass vials he stuck in the back pocket of his pants.