Temptation Greets You Like A Naughty Friend

"You know, (Y/N), it's been two years."

I looked up towards Hiccup, waiting for him to elaborate. He didn't say anything else, only continued fiddling with his newest invention. It was some winged armor he swore would eventually help him fly solo. The many failed flight attempts he'd previously experienced left him with bruises and excuses but no lesser hope.

"Since?"

"Well, just in general."

"Thanks for the totally not obvious update," I murmured, suppressing a smile.

"Do you notice anything missing from these past two years?" He continued, raising an eyebrow.

"What, did you lose another limb?" The playful remark earned a sharp glare and I leaned my chin against my hand, muffling my laughter.

"(Y/N), you still haven't got a dragon!" he said in an exasperated tone a couple moments later.

"Oh. Yeah, I've noticed," I replied casually. He huffed a sigh, walking around the workshop table I was currently sitting at. He came up behind me, encircling his arms around my shoulders before pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"You're so annoying," he murmured teasingly.

"Why, because you're stating obvious things?" I countered with a laugh.

"I want to find you a dragon," he explained.

"You could've just said that."

"I figured you'd get it but apparently not," he shrugged, pulling away and heading back over to the other side of the table.

"You were being all mysterious, it's not my fault," I said. He only shook his head.

"Do you have any dragon in mind?" he asked.

"Get me a Night Fury and I'll be good," I said jokingly. He turned his eyes towards me, biting his bottom lip for a moment.

"You know I would if I could," he sighed. I noticed his shoulders slump ever so slightly and I exhaled, pushing a lock of hair behind my ear. I was aware of how frustrating it got for him sometimes, wanting to find something that was extremely unlikely to be found.

"Hiccup, I know, I was just messing around," I assured him.

"Well.. other than a Night Fury?" he said a short while later. I paused, thinking over my response.

"I don't want one of the normal ones," I admitted. He looked at me, confused.

"I mean, look at you and the other teens. You all have different dragons. I don't want to be the one with a common double," I explained, twiddling with my fingers. He nodded slowly.

"Then I guess we can go look on islands?" he offered, turning his back to me to search for another tool.

"If you're able to," I agreed.

"What do you mean, 'if I'm able to'?" he turned around, tilting his head. I raised my eyebrows, shrugging a shoulder.

"I don't know, you've just been awfully busy recently," I said.

"(Y/N), I told you already.." Hiccup began to protest but I shook my head.

"I know, 'your dad is making you do stuff'." I quoted our previous discussions just as he continued with "my dad keeps making me do stuff". He gave me a sheepish look in response to our unison.

"I'll tell him we're finding you a dragon and that I can't follow him around for a couple days, he won't mind," Hiccup insisted.

"Are you sure?"