"What do you mean 'things'? You don't have 'things'," Tuffnut argued. Ruffnut rolled her eyes.

"Uh, ever heard of practicing for dragon races?"

"OH, THAT THING.. Yeah guys, we have a thing to do. Hurry it up," Tuffnut added with a nod.

"If it's really that important to you guys, I guess you can just.. go," Hiccup decided slowly.

"Hey, Hiccup. I have a thing too," Snotlout called out.

"Really? Conveniently you also have a thing to do?" Hiccup countered.

"Nah, actually. I just don't wanna be here, so."

"Wow, anybody else?" Hiccup asked sarcastically. Fishlegs gave a sheepish expression, raising his finger.

"Um, well.."

"Oh my Gods. How about you all just leave, and I'll sit here and discuss with myself?" Hiccup asked with an incredulous laugh.

"You know that's not actually a bad idea," I murmured to him. He gave me a glare, and I held my hands up in defense.

"I'm just saying," I added.

"Were you serious about that? Because I could totally use some extra time to work on Stormfly's catching," Astrid asked when she stepped over.

"Okay, so obviously none of you actually want to contribute to your tribe so feel free to go, I'll just.. be here." Hiccup gave up, gesturing to the group before letting his hands fall to his sides. They took no time in waving their goodbyes before heading for the arena's entrance, and I watched them in slight disbelief. Hiccup huffed in frustration, and I broke my gaze from the exiting teenagers to look at him.

"Well, someone's bitter," I teased.

"Ha ha ha, stop," he replied playfully, before sighing.

"Just tell your dad they were all busy or something," I offered, but he shook his head.

"Actually, my dad didn't say anything at all."

"What?" I raised my eyebrows, confused. The whole reason he had insisted on everyone meeting here was because he said his dad needed ideas.

"I just have so many ideas for the village! I thought maybe they'd have some too and we could plan something, I don't know," he admitted exasperatedly. My mouth parted in disbelief before I started shaking my head.

"Hiccup, you absolute loser! Why didn't you just say that?" I laughed. He looked at me sheepishly before shrugging.

"What? I think I'm annoying my father with all my ideas, maybe someone else asking about it would help," he mumbled, swaying a bit.

"I don't know if that's adorable or sad."

"Why not both?"

"Mmm.. nope, it's just sad, really." I decided, earning a halfhearted glare paired with a smile.

"Shut up," he murmured before gesturing towards me, sitting down straight on the floor. I gave him a weird look before he beckoned again.

"Come on, tell me if these are bad ideas," he insisted.

"Wait wait wait, why do I have to stay if everyone else left?" I argued.

"It's not like you have other things to do," he pointed out. I put my hands on my hips, tilting my head.

"How are you so sure of that?"

"Because I'm your thing," he said simply.

"And where do you get that idea from?" I replied, trying not to laugh.

"(Y/N), you literally told me this morning if we could hang out today because you had nothing to do," he sighed. I stared at him in silence for a few moments.

"Well, you're sad and have too many ideas," I settled on childishly.

"Yep, many ideas that you are going to listen to, now come here." He leaned and reached for my hand, tugging gently. I groaned, sitting next to him.

"Well for one, like Fishlegs said earlier, the fires are getting out of hand so I thought maybe we could use something on the tops of the buildings, you know, to put the fires out when they first catch. A bucket of water or something, it sounds weird but hold on, I sketched it," he rambled, moving to pull a small notebook from his chest area. I stared at him, amused.

"Do you just carry that everywhere?" I held in a chuckle. He looked at me before looking down at it, turning the pages.

"It's handy," he murmured awkwardly. I just watched him before he gave me a flustered look, holding out the book. I turned my gaze onto the pages and noticed several sketches spread out on them, depicting different parts of Hiccup's bucket idea.

"That's actually pretty smart," I said, observing the drawings, "And it's only that?"

"Yeah, I mean we'd have to remember to refill the water every day but it should work fine." He nodded. I watched him admirably until he began to look self-conscious, glancing aside before returning his eyes back to mine.

"What?" he asked quietly.

"I don't know, you're just so inventive, it's great," I shrugged. He rolled his eyes, rubbing his right upper arm with his opposite hand.

"It's just a bucket, (Y/N)," he murmured.

"It's a bucket with mechanisms. On top of houses. You have to admit, it's a little inventive," I said with a grin.

"Yeah okay, sure, but is it a good invention?" he countered, tilting his head toward me.

"You'll never know until you try it, right?" I shrugged.

"See, the problem is, I can't just set a house on fire to see if it'd work," Hiccup explained with an air of sarcasm.

"Okay, smartass, why not use a home that ends up on fire often?" I responded, raising an eyebrow.

"..Well, Mulch's house gets set on fire about once a week," Hiccup offered with a slight chuckle.

"See? Pitch the idea to him and use it as a test! It's not as if he's gonna be like, 'Oh, no thanks, don't want anything potentially preventing my house from catching fire'," I insisted, dropping my voice a pitch for the terrible imitation. Hiccup laughed at it before shaking his head.

"Maybe he's used to it by now."

"Hiccup!" I groaned, rolling my eyes.

"Okay, okay! Fine. I'll try talking to him later. And if it works.."

"Then maybe your dad will want to start putting them everywhere, right? It's worth a shot," I finished for him.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Fishlegs was right, too," he added. I was a tad confused.

"Huh?"

"The 'finishing each other's sentence' thing. It's started," he said playfully.

"Oh my Gods, I didn't even realize, sorry," I huffed a disbelieving chuckle.

"Now we're even," we said at the same time. Our eyes met instantly, and I narrowed mine. I raised my finger, pointing it at him and shaking my head slowly. He started laughing in response.

"Don't.. don't even.." he drifted off. I interrupted him with a quick kiss, to which he raised an eyebrow.

"I remembered that now when I want to kiss you, I can actually do it," I explained with a slight grin.

"You are so lame. Do it again," he added, and I did so with a laugh.