⛧Do you remember?⛧

Start from the beginning

"'Not sure," Gerard mutters, smoke escaping his lips as he speaks. "We plan to be back by the end of the weekend, if that helps you."

"Very comforting," I breathe in sarcasm – it makes Frank chuckle; Gerard noticeably rolls his eyes and I can't help but to smile. As discreetly as possible, I take the book from my bag, yet again going to the page about summoning. Something about it, all the circles and manners of summoning a demon is simply too interesting to me, even though there's no apparent reason. I skip through the pages until finding the part I want.

There are a couple of circles followed by instructions on the first page; the second and third one don't differ much. I quietly read again the instructions and explanations while we wait for Ray to come back.

The words start spinning under my gaze, actually giving me a few flashes of images as I read them.

A string of curses escapes my lips and I close the book, returning it to the bag so I can focus on getting rid of this terrible nauseous feeling, burying my face in my hands. Holy fucking shit.

There's something... new?

Furrowing my eyebrows, I look up at Frank, chin resting on my palm. He notices my gaze, nodding questioningly, but I ignore both it and the also curious look Gerard shoots me. I mean – it is not important, not right now as I am trying to figure out something.

When I met Frank, he didn't have long hair, right? And Gerard's red hair was actually kinda short before he dyed it again. Mikey's hair wasn't dyed and Ray's hair wasn't shorter. Cool, but why do I remember them in these exact descriptions? Remember – is that the right word? Or do I just acknowledge that, somehow?

Frank begins shifting a bit under my gaze, furrowing his eyebrows lightly. "Um... (Y/n), c'mon, what's wrong?"

"Nothing." I'm about to ask about when he cut his hair, but decide it isn't the right moment.

"You got something in mind."

"How do you know?"

"You got that look." Frank scratches the back of his head, looking away.

I'm about to reply when Gerard throws the cigarette stump to the ground, huffing. "That's enough fun for now, kids, let's go back to the car." He's got that bitter and sarcastic edge on his voice, nothing different from normal.

As Gerard closes the car door behind him, Frank and I can see Ray and Mikey approaching in the distance, before looking at each other again in a like if rehearsed synchrony. He remains a bit lost under all the curiosity I'm demonstrating towards him, still, I dare making an as discreet as possible motion between us because we are talking later.

Soon, we're all in the car again, driving away. This all is so wrong and so fucked up – yes, I know about that, I may be dumb, but I am certainly not that dumb to recognize that they could be from telling me the truth, to planning my murder. Nonetheless, here I am, going with them and simply unable to bring myself to even protest against anything because it's like if some sort of instinct prevented me from even questioning this further or refusing to get in the car.

It feels awfully weird when I say this, like if I was in some kind of shitty romance book, but it feels like I have known all of them forever. There's, however, a thin line that divides this specific feeling from when I compare it to other times something like this happened.

Feeling like I've known Gerard forever is knowing how he prefers sitting in silence rather than talking; he likes sweets and has a tendency to shamelessly steal them or the way he dances ridiculously without caring about what the others think. And how Mikey is always mostly silent, but tends to do ridiculous things sometimes. The inside joke about Ray pushing people down the stairs.

Though, mainly, what sticks to my mind is how Frank likes to show off things he enjoys, that he can be really soft and how he isn't afraid to show his feelings because he couldn't care less about what others think, though he has his weaknesses, but they just make him who he is. Not to mention Frank likes cuddles, tends to be very protective and I just know he wouldn't be good friends with Brendon, for some reason.

Sighing, I look out the window in an attempt of slowing down my mind. It can be peaceful watching everything go by. It lowkey remembers me of that one road trip with Frank... what's extremely interesting because I never went in one with him.

I narrow my eyes as looking back at Frank, like if he would somehow have the answers to all of my questions without me even voicing them.

"(Y/n), you're scaring the poor boy." Gerard's voice cuts through my thoughts.

"I'm just looking at him," I breathe, shaking my head to himself and averting my look from Frank – his cheeks were growing red whilst it didn't seem like he would be able to sit still for longer – with a sigh. "Why? Can't I even look at him besides not being able to touch him? Hell, I was really hoping for a kiss, thanks for ruining my hopes." Despite all the sarcasm, I can't help but to admit that this is true.

Chuckles immediately come from all of them, surprising me because I didn't expect Frank to actually react to it – he falls silent, however, as soon as I look back at him. Seeing his red face and the shy smile on his lips as he presses them together, quickly looking away, somehow has me internally melting. Cute bastard.

"Man, random," I say, breaking the silence, "but remember that one time when we went to that concert? Like, Carbon Pentagon or something? And then Frank—" I interrupt myself with the car making a sudden and harsh sway.

"You remember what?" Gerard turns to me with wide eyes, unexpectedly alarmed.

"Dude, what the fuck?" I breathe, still alarmed. "Pay attention to the fucking road!"

"I don't care about— Just explain it!" Gerard exclaims, eyebrows furrowed as he eventually is able to regain the car's control, rather fast. "Yeah, please," he groans, voice breathy and sounding calm despite how tense his shoulders are and his knuckles turning white around the steering wheel.

Glancing back, I expect the others to be just as worried about Gerard's reaction as worried as I was, but their worry seems to actually be directed towards me. What the fuck?

"Why the fuck is everyone looking at me like if I just confessed some kind of murder?" I furrow my eyebrows, looking at them and praying there won't be another stressful situation. I'm done of all of the awkwardness, grudges, anger and the in between.

"Think better about that," Ray says softly and, dare I say, he's really always been the only one to breathe and think – in other words, the only one with the braincell. "When did it happen, (y/n)?"

I pause and try to think about a reference to answer his question. "It was..." Well, if we saw Andy and (f/n) by the end of the concert, it's got only one answer because I haven't seen them since... "High school," I say, voicing my thought. "No, wait, high school? It's almost been three years since this and..." I pause, thinking. It's been only a few months since I met Gerard, in the kitchen. Wait, no, in the café! The café, yes! And then I met Ray and Mikey...

"You must've dreamed about it, (y/n)," Mikey says, shrugging and looking out the window. "We only hang out together in Devil's Nest."

"Oh, yeah!" I roll my eyes, growing a bit bitter because just nothing is making sense right no. "Just like you guys practically never left my house and we kept only going to the mall, huh? Honestly what the hell is going on? How did Bert get in the middle of something that was going on between you guys and I since I met you guys after I already knew him? Why would a fucking jewel do something against Frank? It's just a jewel! What is it that makes me trust you four idiots and like you so much when most of what I feel after talking with you guys is frustration? You never make sense, sometimes you don't even bother being nice to me and, still," I trail off with a groan.

My words set such a silence in the car, almost a fucking tangible one. I don't know what I expected – some sort of answer, more arguing, lame excuses, I don't know –, but the silence certainly is more terrible than any of that would have been. Looking out the window, I try my best to not let the tears escape my eyes.

☾═°∴,*⋅✲═〖✞〗═✲⋅*,∴°═☽