08. We'll Go From There

・゚* CHAPTER EIGHT
We'll Go From There
(Season 1, episode 3)

"And what a lovely day for a
totally illegal, lovely getaway!"

ANYA HAD NO IDEA WHO SHARON WAS BUT SHE HAD TO ADMIT SHE WAS IMPRESSED

Her place in High Town was nice. It was much larger and fancier than Anya had expected. All of these things were still very new to Anya. It was hard to hide her awe and wide eyes as she looked at her new surroundings.

"Looks like breaking all those laws is treating you well." Sam said as they entered a room full of art.

"I thought if I had to hustle, might as well enjoy the life of a real hustler." Sharon shrugged. "You know how much I can get for a real Monet?"

"Deactivate your hustle mode." Sam said. "You sell fake Monets."

"No she means real." Zemo shook his head. "This gallery is specialized in stolen artwork. Monet, Van Gogh, classics."

"So these are real?" Anya looked closer at one of the paintings before wandering around, taking a look at all of them.

"It's true," Bucky said, following her. "You know, half the artwork in museums like the Louvre is fake. Real stuff sits in places like this."

"Guess I don't have to check off museums from my bucket list anymore." Anya said.

"You've never been to a museum?" Bucky asked her. "Not even after you escaped? You literally live in New York."

"I was lucky that I was allowed to walk the two blocks to the library." Anya sighed. "But seeing real art here is better than seeing fake ones there apparently."

"Okay guys I see what you're doing," Sam laughed and took out his phone. "You're more worldly than good old Sam."

"Yeah?" Bucky asked as they walked past him. "What's Google say?"

Anya looked over Sam's shoulder at his phone and then back up at the painting in front of them. Sam and Anya exchanged an impressed look.

"No shit." Sam gasped.

"You guys need to change." Sharon called to them from the door. "I'm hosting clients in an hour."

Anya looked down at her dress only to realize she still had Zemo's coat draped over her shoulders. A bit embarrassed, she took it off and walked a bit faster to catch up with him. She held out the coat to him.

"Thanks for the coat." She said politely. "I assume you'd want the dress back too?"

"Keep the dress," Zemo shook his head as he took back the coat. "You look better in it than I would."