05. My Petersburg

・゚* CHAPTER FIVE
My Petersburg
(Season 1, episode 2)

"Some give up, some give in
Me, I won't"

THE LAST 48 HOURS WERE A LOT OF FIRSTS FOR ANYA

Waiting for a friend to be bailed out of jail was certainly one of them. She and Sam sat in the waiting room of the police precinct as they waited for Bucky. Anya couldn't help but be slightly disappointed that it was nothing like the cop shows she had seen on TV.

"Sam?" A woman approached them "I've heard a lot about you. I'm Dr. Raynor. I'm Jame's therapist."

"Nice to meet you," Sam stood and shook her hand.

"Hi." Anya shook her hand as well.

"You must be Anya." Dr. Raynor raised an eyebrow and gave her a small smile. "The neighbor. I've heard a lot about you as well. Glad you broke though enough for him to make a friend."

"That's sad." Sam laughed, looking at Anya. "Anyway, thank you for getting him out."

"That was not me." Dr. Raynor shook her head.

"Christina!"

Anya and Sam turned to see John Walker coming through the doors. Anya's face dropped and she didn't have to look at Sam to know he did the same.

"Great to see you again!" Walker smiled at the doctor as some people in the precinct took his picture.

"You gotta be kidding me." Sam groaned. "You know him?"

"Yeah," Dr. Raynor nodded. "We did some field ops back in the day."

"I heard you were working with Bucky," Walker made his way over to them. "So I thought I'd step in."

"Yay." Anya said humorlessly.

"Bucky's not gonna be following a strict schedule any longer." Walker continued, looking at Anya. "Nice to see you again too Anya... You know I never caught your last name."

"I never threw it." She replied. Sam smirked.

"We haven't finished our work." Dr. Raynor said. "Who authorized this?"

Walker gestured to himself with a smug smile. Anya rolled her eyes. She really did not like this guy. At that same moment, Bucky was escorted through the door, no longer detained.

"He's too valuable of an asset to have tied up." Walker said. "Just do whatever you got to do with him then send him off to me. Got some unfinished business, him and I. You too Wilson. And now I guess Anya as well."

"James," Dr. Raynor said to Bucky. "Condition of your release, session now. You too, Sam, Anya."

"That's okay," Sam shook his head. "We'll be out here-"