Chapter Nine: Can't Wait

After a while of talking about it and comforting Emmalee, they scrambled to their classes.

They all had different 1st periods but they didn't mind because they were used to it.

Devanne typed in her journal about how little time she had since that was the main thing on her mind, and when she sent the document to her teacher, she smiled and congratulated her.

When she was done with the little work they had, she notified her friends, Maddie and Ariana, around her. They were just as stoked as she was, and Maddie shot off ideas of what she thought he looked like. The ideas were all awesome but she didn't know exactly what she was going to get tomorrow.

When her teacher told her to calm down, she reluctantly stopped talking, and picked up the book she had been reading on for a few weeks. When she finally got into it and drew her mind away from the ticking clock on her wrist, time flew and it was already time for second period, but she continued reading because she had this class next. Very ironic but she did, just for something else.

They did hardly nothing. Which Devanne was glad for because she didn't like school that much, but then again, who does?!

2nd period was her technology class where they were making a video parody about school.

Devanne ignored this class even though she was a set designer. She couldn't wait to get out of there. She was happy about it but not for long because she came out of one annoying class to go right into another one, Math. A.K.A. Mental Abuse To Humans.

Devanne couldn't care less about the notes she had to take, she just needed and wanted to get her work done and finished so she didn't have any math homework.

The next class she had was World History. That class was ok because all they did in there was bell work, take notes, and work sheets. That was it.
___________________________

The day dragged by, slowly finishing up with her last classes, and by the end of the day, everyone had known she would find her SM tomorrow. When she got home she did her homework, and then went down to socialize her family.

"I never did get to hear about how your day was kido!" Her dad said, patting her on the back and following her into the kitchen where the food smelled strongly at its best.

"It was good, same ol' same ol'," she said, thinking of how today was no different than the others.

After they had set the table and fixed their plates, they sat down to talk about their day.

"I'm helping you get ready in the morning, darling!" Her mom chirped and Devanne rolled her eyes.

"I don't want to dress up though," Devanne whined to her.

"And why not?"

"Because like you said, "You most likely, you already know him." So therefor, if I already know him and he knows me, he ought to know the real me, so I shouldn't need to dress nice for him."

"That is not a good reason. I don't care, you're dressing up whether you like it or not, and I'm picking out your outfit," her mother said and Devanne groaned but her mother gave her "the look" to shut her up. Now Devanne was glad that she had brought home her gym bag today because she could put some regular clothes in there to change into at school, and out of whatever dreadful outfit her mother had happily picked out for her to wear—most likely a dress or skirt, knowing her mother.

Devanne smiled to herself, knowing she was bad, but that's why she smiled.

"I can't believe my little girl is going to find her SM tomorrow!! Oh my goodness, it seems like yesterday you got the dang thing. I remember when you first got it, you were so amazed with it and just stared at it, asked so many questions, and counted down until you were annoyed with it. Then wishing you could just find him already," her dad said with a sly smile.

"I'm sorry that I can't help when you give me away to someone else, dad. If I could I would because I'm sure many parents don't want to give their children away as early as they have too."

"Don't be ridiculous, I know you can't help it, I'm just saddened that the time came so soon that I have to give you away to someone else that I don't even know for myself."

"It seems as if you have to ship me away somewhere dad."

"Well that's definitely what it feels like," he said and she rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Well you're not so don't act like it."

"I'm sorry honey, I just can't help it."

"I know," she sighed and stared back down at her plate at those green beans that she suddenly had lost appetite for.