Chapter Eight: Discussing Details

Chapter 8: Discussing Details

After their excitement, they stopped at Raleigh's locker then Emmalee's, went to the bathroom, then to the place where they always set before the five minute bell rang before class.

"Who do you think it is?" Emmalee whispered as if it were a secret.

"Heck if I know?!" Devanne said, because she really didn't.

Though, at this point she was closer enough to finding out without the help of her bracelet, because she checked everyones.

She almost freaked when she read Mr. Puckett, her history teacher's bracelet wrong the day before yesterday, hers said 0003 more days and his said 0103. She didn't see the one before it.

No one that she knew was even close to her time, so she was beginning to get a little frantic and frustrated, for it not being anyone she knew. Even though her mother said that it usually isn't someone you know, Devanne knew in her gut that it was and that she would figure it out without the help of her clock.

"Oh man, I hope to goodness he's cute," Raleigh said as if it were her receiving her own SM.

"It would be bad if he wasn't," Emmalee said with no emotion at all. The girls usually tried not to talk about it in front of her because Emmalee had a few good years before she found her other. She had two more years, but Raleigh had a couple more months. She would meet hers near Christmas; it was September now. She had said that he would come as a Christmas present, bearing a big blue bow on his head because her favorite color is blue. No no matter how hard Devanne tried not to talk about it, she couldn't not talk about it, for it was in a friggin' day!!! She would meet him tomorrow!! How could she not talk about it?!

"I'm sorry Em, please forgive me, and I don't care if you ignore me today because honestly all I'm going to do is rant about it."

"It's fine, I understand that all of our time's are different," Emmalee said, but not sounding completely convinced.

"You better wear something nice," Raleigh said sternly, and pointing her finger at Devanne.

"Well if he is someone I already know then he will already know my natural self, so why dress up?"

"Because it's just what you do when you meet your SM, you dress nice to impress them."

"Well like I said, they already know the real me so I'm not dressing up for anyone," Devanne said once again. She didn't want to dress up but in a way, she kind of did, she just couldn't decide. Even though she knew at least someone–most likely her mom–would force her to dress nice. She just wanted to feel as if she had just as much power as her mother and friends did over her choice and what she did to present herself.

"Oh, you will, trust me," Raleigh smirked, deviously. That was a promising smirk of something bad about to happen, Devanne knowing this all to well.

"Undoubtedly I will end up in something fancy somehow," Devanne huffed.