"Aunt Cass, is Uncle Tae Tae going to be on?"

Cassie bit her lip to stop from snorting. Rose turned momentarily to glance up at her making her nod her head before returning her gaze back to the television. Rose had nicknamed Tate as she began to talk. The old man comes around often and has taken a liking to the ranch and area. He has been considering buying a secondary home nearby for when he visits. Cassie had told him it wasn't needed, that he would always have a spot at their home. Nat had even made a room for him as well. 

Cassie turned up the volume as she watched her old boss walk onto the stage as the audience clapped. The lady host walking up to shaking his hand and kiss his cheek. The audience began to simmer down as they took their seats. The old man had aged like fine wine. Cassie couldn't believe his actual age when the subject came up. His eyes barely crinkling in the corner while he smiled warmly. 

"Thank you for joining us Tate Marx."

"Happy to be here Ellen." He says straighten out his jacket. 

"It's been some time since we had you on here. I understand you have a few things to announce."

"I do..." Tate says sighing before continuing, "First thing, our newest member Ava will be releasing her debut album in a month's time."

The crowd applauded as some photos of the upcoming artist came on the screen behind their seats. Cass liked the young artist. Ava had her own style and was not afraid to stand up for her own way. Cassie admired that remembering how scared she was at the beginning. 

"I've heard some of her work, she is a brilliant artist!" The host squeals happily. 

"Yes... yes she is." Tate nods his head glancing at the photo before directing his attention back to her. 

"I here she may be your next Cassie Lyndel?" The host leaning forward acting intrigued. 

Cass watches as Tate's eyes twinkle as they often do around her. The sight warming her heart remembering how on the day of her wedding, he couldn't be any prouder to be her father figure. She didn't even realize she was smiling until the little munchkin laying on her lap poked her cheek. She playfully glared down at her before tickling her sides making the young girl squirm and erupt in laughter. 

"Time will tell.. but I don't think their could ever be two Cassie Lyndels." He confesses with a gentle smile. 

"I understand you are very close with artist?" 

Photos of Cassie come up on the screen behind Tate. He turns going silent for a moment as he looks at the photo. Cassie could feel her pregnancy hormones going into overdrive as they zoomed in on his face. She blinked to hold back the tears while watching the show. 

"I am, I think of her as my own."

"That is quite a bond for someone who left your agency to sign with another?"

"She only left to sign with her brother-in-law. I have no bad feelings towards Cassie."

The host nods her head as she gathers her queue cards clearing her throat in the process. "It was recently reported that Cassie Lyndel-"

"Thornton... her last name is Thornton." Tate says cutting off the hostess. The woman gives him a tight lip smile but continues. 

"Cassie is currently expecting, is that correct?"

"Yes, she is expecting her first child in a few weeks time." The audience claps while Rose just rubs the baby while they continue watching. Cassie glancing down at the young girl before looking back up.