Chapter Nine

I am currently in the bath, shaving every possible part on my body that should be rid of hair. When it comes to shaving, I am one of those people who procrastinates as long as they possibly can, only shaving their armpits because tanktops. Who knows what tonight will have in store for me though, might as well look and feel good.

Because I am still unsure of what I am actually doing, I slip on white shorts with our school sweatshirt. Therefore if I go to the game I won't look like a loser, and if I don't I'm somewhat set for the unsure weather that is here by the sea.

My mom offered me the keys to her Volvo but I prefer to walk anyway. Grabbing my phone and shoving it in my back pocket, I slowly exit my bedroom and sneak downstairs to the bar. My dad hasn't been down here since Charlie passed and probably won't notice one missing beer from the mini fridge. I have to start off my night in some way decent so I actually follow through with doing something reckless.

I end up at the football game. It is 15 minutes in and I look and feel extremely awkward sitting in my spot with no companion. Taking a big swig of my beer I head into the library. If you have never been in the school library at night, then I encourage you not to. It's dark but a faint luminecent glow is coming from somewhere in the back corners, and there is something eerie about the way the atmosphere feels. It's almost eerie to be in here alone after hours.

I follow the luminecent glow throught the shelves. It's shining as if it was a lone firefly lost from it's family. The light gets brighter as I creep my way through the various shelves in the library. It is obvious now that the light is coming from some electronic kind device. I am almost there and I can see a foot peeping through the last shelf seperating me from this other person.

It's Spencer, his curls are lightly tousled and he sits dressed in jeans and the same sweatshirt as I. His cell phone is propped on his left shoulder the flashlight shining on some hardcopy of a book.

"Are you jerking off to Fifty Shades of Grey in the dark depth of the library?" I joke staring at the startled Spencer.

His eyes look up at me. They are soft almost like him, the color of the ocean. Beautiful to look at, as if experiencing something life changing for the first time. "Ha Ha very funny Blondie." He sticks his tongue out at me like a child at play.

"What are you doing in here anyway?" I ask genuinely intrigued.

"I could ask you the same thing" He retorts back at me.

"Seriously Brady! You look comfy" I tease

"I felt awkward being alone in the crowd"

"Alone in a crowd... funny sentence when you think about it" I feel my cheeks slightly pulling up. "I'm just kidding me too." My smile fully forms and rests into place.

We stare at each other for a few seconds. They felt like more. His soft look makes me feel at peace and almost like I want to turn against my orignal plans for troublemaking tonight and curl up beside him with a new hardcopy book, straight from the shelves. There is something to fresh books in hardcopy. I think the smell is what lures me in.

"Well now we both have someone" He returns the smile. "Shall we go back?" I nod and pass him my bottle of beer, which he takes a big swig of before leading me through the booksheles, out of that eerie library.

The rest of the game ended up being absolutely amazing and we won 22-14. Spencer had told me he has some kind of idea as to how we should spend the remainder of the evening. I told him that I would do whatever, no questions asked.

We ran down main street, our hair flapping in the wind and my bare (his sneakered) feet hitting the pavement as we tore past almost every building, our pace accelerating. We turned a corner and the smell of the ocean overwhelmed me smelling like fresh tears pouring past your nose and into your mouth. We made the next turn and sprinted onto the pier.

"What are we doing here Brady?" I ask.

"Turn around" and so I do.

I hear him scream and turn around to find his clothes on the pier and his face bobbing in the water below. His boxers lay roght on top of his jeans.

"Are you naked?!" I call down.

"Yup. You going to join me Blondie?" He asks and I can hear the smirk.

My shirt comes off then my shorts. I walk to the middle of the pier where he can't see me and strip my undergarments off. Then I take off running and execute a dive into the water. I am skinny dipping with Spencer Brady.

~~~~''~~~~''~~~~''~~~~''

So this is just a short cute filler chapter, but I loved writing it. Two updates in one night. That's a record! If you guys ever want to send me banners for the book or videos or anything you can either message me on here or email me at rylie.moscato@gmail.com ! Guys I am 5 reads away from 300. that is absolutely amazing thank you so much, I am extremeely grateful!

~ Ry <3