Chapter 3

Reekid POV:

I suddenly woke up in a dark room in the middle of the night.

I looked around to see if we were dreaming the whole 'running away and being stuck on the streets' thing

I looked around to see if we were dreaming the whole 'running away and being stuck on the streets' thing. But I really don't know. I noticed some clothes and a note on the dresser. It read:

Hey Reekid, you and Hiro were passed out at the bus stop when I found you. Hiro was in horrible shape, and I noticed you were pretty beat up too. Hence the new bandages on you.

Also, here's a change of clothes if you need them. Hiro's in the other guest room, if you need to see him.

Have a good night!

- Eddie

Eddie. Eddie's our new gardener. He... He took us in? I guess so, I don't remember this room. I got changed into the new clothes Eddie got for me, and decided to use the bathroom.

I did my business and got back in bed, when I heard Hiro yelling in his room. "No... Reekid. Leave him alone!" I ran over to his room. It seemed like he was having a nightmare. He had tears in his eyes while he was tossing and turning. I climbed into bed with him, kind of hugging him. "It's ok Hiro, we're safe now. I'm here." I told him. I laid down with him and went to sleep.

-Time skip to morning-

Hiro POV:

I woke up in Eddie's guest room. Reekid was next to me asleep. I guess he got scared of being alone or something. I can't blame him. I got up to go to the bathroom. I had some trouble walking, I had a limp from everything that happened yesterday. I did my business, deciding to once again let Reekid sleep. Not gonna lie, this was the best night's sleep I've ever had.

I heard a bunch of talking downstairs, it didn't sound like Eddie or Gabby. I snuck down the stairs to see who it was. There were a few guys around Eddie's age there. One had longer blonde hair, another with short brown hair, and another with a knight helmet on (because, yes). "Uh... W-Who are y-you guys?" I asked them. "Oh hello, I'm Swagger, and this is Ayden, and Gaege." The one with the helmet introduced everyone. Pointing to the blonde, and then the brown haired one. "We're some of Eddie's best friends, and his next door neighbors." Gaege explained. "Oh, ok. My name's Hiro. Eddie worked as a gardener for my parents, and then he took me in last night after-" I was gonna say what happened. But I figured they shouldn't know. At least not until Eddie and Gabby knew first. "Uhh... Uhh he found us and let us stay here for the night." I told them. I mean, I'm not lying, right? "Wait... Us?" Ayden asked me. "Y-Yeah, m-my little brother too." I clarified.

Eddie suddenly came in to the living room near the stairs.