The Evolution of Jack the Ripper

The evolution of a killer is how the violence escalates and the skill of the kill changes.

Nichols- Experimenting but rage is already apparent from the deepness of the cuts.

Between Nichols+Chapman- Nichols did not give him the release that he was looking for because he did not get to act out the rage to its full potential.

Chapman- Wanted more of a thrill. Took the uterus to relive the experience later. This kill had his hatred towards women and his frustration with the lack of relief of his rage.

Between Chapman and Stride- Cooling off period. Most likely had a ritual of pleasuring himself while looking at the uterus.

Stride- Interrupted. No release.

Between Stride and Eddowes- Probably had a "OH NO NOT AGAIN" type of thought during this 45 minute period. This would be the UNSUB's highest point of frenzy, and when he would abandon his obsession with his appearance.

Eddowes- Got his release. Experimenting. There is almost an aspect to this crime that says "Look what I can do when nobody gets in my way." Took both the kidney and uterus as trophies.

Between Eddowes and Kelly- Cooling off period. UNSUB visited sites of the kills and graves of the victims. Pleasured self in a ritual related to kidney and the uteri.

Kelly- Sadistic pleasure in the woman's pain, stripped of clothes, femininity, and dignity.

Between Kelly and Mckenzie- Long cooling off period. Kelly's murder gave the UNSUB a release substantial enough to last him for months.

Mckenzie- Still overkill but less rage. Cuts to the abdomen is indicative of him still having a disdain for women but it also is a sign that he is less enraged by them.