Ch4: Saturday and Uncle Rainbow Pt 1

Saturday

The sun was shining brightly over Beach City.

Emerald was outside on the beach, trying to relax when the flashbacks began.

This time, it was much worse.

The gem war took place here a long time ago.

Pearl, Rose, Garnet and other Crystal Gems fought against Homeworld.

Dark Green Diamond's palaquin landed on the beach and out of the palaquin came Dark Green Diamond, who was in gem labor and her Dark Green Pearl was with her.

"How long in labor are you, my Diamond?" Dark Green Pearl asked, guiding Dark Green Diamond away from the gem battle.

"Not...long, my... My Pearl." Dark Green Diamond said, breathing in and out during her two minute apart contractions.

The two gems found a spot, in a cave.

"Easy, my Diamond. Easy." Dark Green Pearl said, helping the Diamond sit down.

Dark Green Diamond sat down on her portable seat.

"Th... Thank you, my Pearl. I'm feeling much better." She said, looking at the short dark green gem.

"You're very welcome, my Diamond." Dark Green Pearl said, with gratitude.

Just as Dark Green Diamond was sitting there breathing in and out, there was a familiar gem standing outside of the cave.

"Who goes there?" Dark Green Pearl said, shouting at the gem.

The gem began to show itself.

It was Rose Quartz, aka Pink Diamond.

Dark Green Diamond tried to get up out of her seat but, she was in so much pain.

"Relax, Dark Green. I'm here." Pink's sweet and gentle voice said as the Quartz gem looked up at the glowing Diamond.

"Pink, how much longer?" Dark Green Diamond said as the contractions in her hands got greater.

Rose Quartz examined her.

"Not much longer. Now push and let the light bend." She instructed as she was beginning to see something materialize from one of the Diamond's hands.

Dark Green Diamond did what her best friend Pink had asked her and pretty soon, a dark green gem was resting on her hand.

Rose saw the dark green gem in its physical form.

"So Dark Green, what are you going to name the gem?" She said, with wonder in her voice.

Dark Green Diamond began to think.

"Well... I am part Emerald so, I'm going to name her... Emerald..."

....................................................................................................................

Steven came downstairs, wearing his perfect everyday outfit.

His black shirt that had a yellow star on it, a pink and white jacket and his blue jeans.

"Morning, Pearl." He said, looking at the bird-nosed gem.

Pearl smiled at him.

"Good morning, Steven." She said, looking at him with a smile.

Steven looked around.

"Steven, what's wrong?" Pearl asked, concerned.

"Have you seen Emerald? We were going to fuse right in front of her." Steven said as he continued looking around the room.

Just as Pearl was about to say something, they then heard a loud cry.

Steven and Pearl ran over to the door and when they got outside, they saw Emerald on the sand.

"Emerald!" They said, together as they ran down the stairs to the bottom level.

When they got to Emerald, they saw that she was shaking.

Steven and Pearl looked at each other, concerned about the dark green gem.

"Steven, what's happening to her? She's becoming unstable!" Pearl said, concerned as Emerald's body glowed dark green and swelled up and down twice.

Steven then wet his hand with his healing spit and placed his hand on the back of Emerald's neck.

Emerald was now calm enough for him to see what was wrong with her.

In her mind, Steven could see the memories of Emerald's mother Dark Green Diamond.

Emerald's memories of her mother was the partial cause for this and now, Steven knew exactly what he should do to help her.

He took his hand away from the back of Emerald's neck and he looked at Pearl.

"Pearl, let's fuse." Steven said, looking at Pearl.

Pearl nodded and from a distance from Emerald, the two began to fuse.