𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Start from the beginning

"For some reason, the words 'fun' and 'Horcruxes' in the same sentence doesn't seem right," she laughed as I leaned back onto my chair, releasing her hand—my eyes on the bracelet. "I did some research." She shifted in her seat.

"I mean isn't what we have been doing for the last few months, research over research, and it's a never-ending loop, "I breathed, "the one thing I just cannot understand is this damn sword. It's goblin made, it's a Gryffindor sword, it attacked Ron but is the same thing that has been but not been destroying the Horcruxes."

"And it glows," Hermione added as I nodded slightly, "I think I may know why it glows," she added again, but slowly.

"Oh." I looked up. "Why didn't you tell me before, we would've got a head start into what this thing exactly is, no offense to your house or anything, you know what I mean."

Hermione arched a brow, looking up at me as she hesitated in her movements. She's trying to say so much, but it's like something is stopping her—something is holding her back as I'm patiently sitting for her to go on.

"Put your hand on it again," she spoke as my brows furrowed, I didn't question it as I turned my body towards the left. Picking up my hand as it hovered over the sword—inches away from touching it as a sense of greed coursed through my veins, wanting to touch it more as the tips of my fingers delicately touched the blade.

The red light surrounding it—like fire almost. My hands felt the magic of it, as my eyes brightened from the power of it—almost wanting to absorb the sword whole, like a hunter watching its prey was the way my mind was working right now.

I felt as if all of my blood was transfused out of my body and a new circulation was adapted. It was like painting while watching the scenery, and it's coming out exactly the way you wanted it to, or finishing a book you had on your shelf for so long. It was a desire—a need, something that was more than an attraction.

"What was that?" I asked after a couple of minutes passed that I hadn't even realized until my hand pulled away. Shaking my head as I tried to empty my thoughts, running my hands over my shirt to straighten it as I looked up at her. "That was magic."

"Well of course that was magic Hermione, it's a goblin-made sword, it contains magic."

"Evelyn." She rolled her shoulders back. "There's more than one kind of magic in this world—in the world we live in."

My eyes narrowed at her hesitant mouth, the way her tongue would press against the back of her lower teeth when she wanted to stop herself from saying something.

"Put your wand on the table," she asked as I pulled it out of the pocket of my robes, "now, do a spell."

"Hermione I can't do a spell without my wand—that's wandless magic and very rare."

"Trust me," she looked directly into my eyes as my head leaned back, "do it."

I gulped unknowingly as my eyes wandered to the library, the stack of books sitting on a student's desk as I muttered a spell. "Flipendo." The stack of books immediately fell on the ground—one by one along with their quills as I looked back at her. "I don't understand —I've never done wandless magic."

Her eyes looked at the stack of books falling, her fingers fiddling with each other, and she was twisting the bracelet in her hand. "Hermione?"

"You can do wandless magic."

"That doesn't make sense, no witch can do wandless magic without intense studying, practice, and the whole curriculum in general. Not even Snape can do it without a few tries, so I don't understand—I don't get it."