Chapter 28

Sexual Content

I traced imaginary shapes with my finger pointing towards the blank white ceiling. TikTok and Instagram no longer held my interest. Everything was boring. Nothing held my attention. 

I let out a sigh.

"And why is my princess sighing?" I heard Daddy's voice sound from the other side of the bookshelf. His words played over the shuffling of his files and the scratching of pen on paper.

I walked over to the shelf between us and removed some of the books that blocked my view of Reyn. I placed them to the side and crossed my arms, resting my chin on top and tilting my head to the side with a puckered pout.

"I'm bored," I huffed with a deep breath meant to drive my point.

"Why don't you talk to one of your friends?" He suggested.

"Tess is on a date... do you really have to work right now?" I enunciated the last two words but still failed to gain his attention. I really needed to make more friends other than Tess.

That reminded me. Sylv and Amethyst.

"Maybe I'll call Sylv or Amethyst to hang out..." I trailed off. But that would mean letting Orion know, too. I felt bad making him work the weekends. Everyone deserves a break, even if he is generously compensated for being on call.

When I turned around to grab my phone, I was stopped by a gruff voice.

"I said talk not hang out," Daddy eyed me. Finally, some attention.

"So you won't play with me, but you won't let others either? That's hardly fair." I gave him an annoyed look.

I walked around the bookshelf, rounded the desk, and stood behind him. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, pressing my cheek against his. His stubble was rough against my smooth skin. His spicy and sweet scent immediately had every single one of my muscles relaxing. I wished there was a candle that smelled like him or some way to bottle his scent. I swear I would drown in it if I could.

"I never took you for the selfish type, Daddy." I mused.

"Oh my baby, you have no idea." He drawled smugly. I trailed my nose against the roughness of his cheek.

"You've been so good to me so far. Are you saying there's a side to you I don't know?" I played with his chain.

"No. I'm just not as cold and unforgiving with you as I am with others," He abruptly turned his head to press a kiss to my lips before I could even register what he was doing.

"You're so mean," I complained.

"Baby, out of everyone, you have the least reason to be calling me mean. Didn't we just go over that? Did all that studying this morning fry my little fairy's brain?" He teased.

I puffed air out of my nose in impatience.

"C'mere," he gave in. He lifted me by my hips and scooted back so that he could place me on his lap.

"You're bored, hmm?" He asked, arranging stray strands of my hair.

I nodded eagerly, basking in his attention.

"Do you have anything in mind?"

I shook my head in denial. I hadn't thought this far yet. I just wanted to do something. Anything.

"Why don't you put on something nice. We'll go out somewhere. How does that sound?"

I perked up and nodded enthusiastically. "Yes, please. What should I wear? Where are we going?"