"So...you and Lloyd?"

"Haha, yeah."

"I mean...how?"

I tilt my head, "Well, he and Kai are best friends, so I met him when he came over for the first time. Kai had to leave early for work, so it was just me and him, and we really hit it off. Soon after, we started dating."

Jay immediately goes quiet. I frown and gently take his hand, "Hey, it's okay. You apologised. It's in the past."

"N-No, it's not that...I don't want to interfere in your relationship or anything but uh...before I came at you, we were all playing beer pong and Lloyd seemed to be getting too touchy with one of the girls there."

"What?" I'm in shock now. Lloyd wouldn't do that, would he?

With his free hand, Jay takes out his phone and shows me a picture. I see Lloyd relaxed on a sofa. On his lap was a girl. Blonde hair, green eyes, face caked in makeup. She had her hands rested upon his chest, and he didn't seem to be making any effort to move away. 

Betrayal stabs through me, and I feel my face harden.

I swallow nervously, "Can you...can you send that to me?"

"Sure. What's your number?"

Taking his phone, I type in my digits, along with my name, and save it to his contacts before sending myself the image.

Jay inhales, "Hey, so listen. There's this mechanics fair in town this weekend, and I was wondering if-"

"Nya! I've been looking all over for you. Let's go!"

I shot a look at Jay, "Hey um...thanks for the coffee and croissants."

He smiles, "Anytime."

Pushing my chair back, I head towards Lloyd, who protectively slings an arm around my shoulders as we head out to his car, "Since when are you having after school dates with other guys?"

I scoff at him, "Jay's just a friend. No need to get so worked up."

Lloyd quickly fires back, "I'm not worked up! I just don't like the fact that my girlfriend is flirting with other guys!"

I hiss back at him, "I'm not flirting! Jay's a friend, nothing more, nothing less!" The car door is opened for me, and I slip into the passenger seat while Lloyd starts the engine.

"Friend or not, I don't like how close he was with you!"

"What the heck are you talking about? It was just coffee and croissants!"

"You were holding hands!"

Now I'm furious, "Yeah? At least I wasn't sprawled across his lap, grinding down on him."

I watched Lloyd's knuckles go white as he gripped the wheel tighter, "Excuse me?"

"You heard. You think I don't know that you were getting overly close with one of the girls at that party on Friday?"

"I..." He sighed frustratedly, "I don't know what to tell you, but it happened. I pushed her away and told her off the minute she crawled onto me because I wouldn't do that to you. But I don't want you to be so...close with Jay."

I fold my arms, "Well I don't know what to tell you either; Jay and I are friends, and I can't help it if you're not okay with that."

The rest of the car ride is filled with a frosty silence, as Lloyd drives to our place. Normally he plays video games with Kai for a bit, before spending time with me, before heading home.

We've had fights before, but it is becoming a recurring event nowadays.

Are Lloyd and I drifting apart?

Impossible! We talk to each other every day!

But a small part of me worries that even that won't save our slow spiral downwards.