Chapter 18

Crystal Dwight's POV

"Who's calling at this hour?" I grumbled when I heard my phone rang. I stretched my hand and rolled over my bed. Ang alarm ko nga hindi pa tumutunog, eh. May tumatawag na.

"Nǐ zěn gǎn!" I whimpered, still lying on my bed.

( zěn gǎn!) - how dare you )

"Sorry for calling this early, Xiaoli. I just want to ask if free ka mamaya?"

"You called this early just to ask me that?" I asked, grinding my teeth. 

"Oh. Nagising ba kita?" 

"Ano sa tingin mo?"

"Sabi ko nga. Sorry na, Xiaoli."

"Guà le!" I said and ended the call.

( guà le - hang up. )

I rose with a heavy heart. I dreamt of that kid last night. She was crying alone and the surrounding was on fire. She cried out, calling for her parents but no one came. Everyone on the scene panicked. No one bothered to help the helpless child. 

I wonder why I have that kind of dream. It felt so strange at the same time I could feel the pain like it was real, that I was there when that happened. 

I remained seated on my bed, I could see the light of the early morning beyond the window pane. Mesmerized by the beautiful scenery, I thought of my ladies. 

After our graduation, we all continue the walk towards our chosen path. Zyah became one of the staff of Dreammy Pen Publishing Company. She was there for almost a month already. 

And last week when I met her she said that Dale was her boyfriend already! Really, I am happy for both of them. They listened to their heartbeats and ended up being on each other’s embrace. How sweet is that.

Nà wǒ ne? I am here hugging my love of my life, my pillow. 

( ne? - what about me? )

Ellaine spent all her time developing her fashion brand. Johnny continued his reign at the Royal Dreamers, the company that his dad established from his own blood, sweat and tears. They are now all a shining star. 

And me? I'll be one because I got accepted at SDG News! I'll be working at the workplace I've been dreaming of while I was a university student. 

Natagalan ako bago naka-apply ng trabaho dahil sumali pa kasi ako sa saving the lost kittens movement. We are a group of people who collects wild cats wandering the streets and brought them to a center where they are being taken care of. 

I love cats, that's why I became one of the partaker of that movement. I have no regrets that I joined. 

I was on room and choosing what dress I'll wear. When Ryle called he said that he have something very important to discuss with me. He even claimed that it was a life and death matter. Minsan talaga, o mas magandang sabihin na palaging exaggerated ang mga words niya. Sometimes I could hear Johnny and Dale saying the same thing? Ganito ba talaga silang tatlo? Maraming alam na mga salitang out of this world. May kaibigan siguro silang alien, no?

"Ryle, ikaw pala. Pasok ka." I heard my mother talked from outside.

"Tita, good morning po!" Ryle replied, happily. "Your son is back!"

What? Son? Aba, may nalalaman na pala siyang gan'yan, huh?

I decided to just wear a simple white shirt and a track pants. Ala-syete pa lang pero nandito na siya, ang aga niya naman dumating.