SPECIAL CHAPTER #6🦋

Start from the beginning

The Serpent Pillar smirked underneath his mask, impressed. He recalls Tengen Uzui reprimanding him because of his High expectations for the Demon Slayers that it's almost unrealistic, but look at this boy transcending that.

“Nothing is still impossible for us Hashiras. You mean like, leaping through a great distance with ease? I think you can still achieve that at some point.” Iguro remarked. “But if it's really just speed alone, I think I'm not the right person to ask for help. Kocho should be able to help you out more.”

“Kocho Shinobu-san?”

Iguro nodded. “It's just an opinion of my own. But if you would ask me to rank us — Hashiras — in speed and agility, she would absolutely be the top on my list.”

“Oh! I didn't know that...” Muichiro stares blankly at him. “But Kocho-san seems to have a lot of work to do.”

“Yes. I heard Oyakata-sama has appointed a special task to her.”

“Yeah! I sent her a letter a week ago because I also want to spar with her, but I only received a response from her assistant saying she was busy. Say, who's the second on your list, Iguro-san?”

Iguro's face twitched on his question. He does have a name for the second spot. But just thinking of that man's face is pissing him off.

Tomioka Giyuu.

Whenever there's a pillar meeting, they would be surprised by him suddenly appearing from nowhere when they didn't even see him walk in the gates. They got used to it apparently. And up until now, he still hasn't figured out wether it has something to do with speed or it's just the aloof pillar's lack of presence. Or perhaps both. But nonetheless he still puts him in the second spot for some reasons.

Despite the growing sense of uneasiness growing inside him, he answers. “It's Tomioka. But I really doubt if he would ever agree to help you. I think it's better if you ask help from Himejima-san.” he avoided his gaze rolling his eyes.

“Wait! Speaking of Tomioka-san— He said he wants to spar with me. He's getting late.” Muichiro bites his cheek and glanced at his seniors who looks so tensed. “Break time's over! Get up! Get up!”

Iguro doesn't have the time to react when they heard a loud gasp from the Burgundy haired boy which he seems to forgot existing.

“Hwahhhhhhh” his lips was smiling widely while looking at the letter.

“What happened Tanjiro-san? Did Kocho-san beat Muzan?” Muichiro says, overly enthusiastic that he hasn't even pay an attention to what he was saying.

Tanjiro shooks his head before putting the letter down. “Shinobu-san finally made a drug that can turn Nezuko back to a human! And she's asking permission to—”

‘That's making Kocho busy all these time?’ Iguro reacted. He shakes his head in disapproval. As the two teens began chattering, he took this as an opportunity to leave silently. But then Tanjiro said something that caught his attention.

“—but you know what? This letter kinda seems weird. It's scent is nothing like it's somewhere from the Butterfly Estate, somehow, I'm sure I already smelled this scent somewhere.”

“Where?” Iguro looks back inquisitive about the topic.

Tanjiro holds the letter on his nostrils and closed his eyes, he started sniffinf the paper he began mumbling. His words were inaudible to the to Pillars. But Iguro manage to hear something like it was not Tamayo or Tamayo's (inaudible) and it's (inaudible) Yushiro (inaudible).

Iguro can't help but to feel impatient. Quickly, he grabs the letter from the boy and read the contents. Expecting to detect something like a hidden message. Who knows she might've been kidnapped.... Or not. Maybe he was just jinxing it too much. The chances of her being kidnapped are lower than he thinks of his chance to the Love Pillar