SPECIAL CHAPTER #6🦋

“Tanjiro-san! A letter arrived for you.” Tokitou peeked his head from outside the door of his residence.

Tanjiro tilts his head for a moment thinking whom could possibly it came from. He just sent a letter to literally all of his pen pals. Who could've thought one of them can send him a reply immediately.

He was currently at the Mist Pillar's residence for training. They were taking break for lunch. Just as he was about to ask whom it came from, Tokitou declared and made all of his seniors who was with him in on the main hall halted from talking.

“It's from Kocho-san.” he approached as Tanjiro got on his feet.

“Eh? Shinobu-san doesn't usually send me a letter. I wonder why she decided to write me this time.”

“She's probably just busy to see you personally.”

“Well.... There's nothing really much for us to talk about. Aoi-san said I am fully recovered so...” he trailed as he opens the letter.

“Wow.”

“You—”

“How dare you.”

“The guts you have to complain.”

“Eh?” he turns his head to his seniors who were glaring at him. He raised his brows in confusion. Clearly oblivious of the fact that Shinobu wasn't just popular among the corps for being just the insect pillar alone. Apparently, more than half of the corps population — which are mostly man — was a total simp for her with the remaining percent are crazy over the Love Pillar. With the exception of their co-pillars of course, but this also excludes the Serpent Pillar.

Therefore, making a man among the corps who is not a simp for either of the two can be considered rare. So it's rather incontrovertible they were jealous of him for receiving a letter from the godess-like pillar. The guts of him to complain, and it's  irritating that he was wearing an innocent look on his face which was really how he feels right now.

“What's wrong with it?” The Mist Pillar spoke with his usual dull and boring tone making their seniors jump.

The two teenagers stood there waiting for their answer which never came. Despite being called 'The Genius', Muichiro has also little to no idea about these guys simping over his corps big sisters.

“I'm taking my leave now, Tokitou.” The Serpent Pillar comes out from one of the hallways.

Ah yes, this guy too.

Their attention shifted to the other pillar who just came out from the toilet. Meanwhile, Tanjiro reads the letter.

“Okay. It was nice sparring with you Iguro-san.” Muichiro replies shortly and bowed. “Till next time. I really hope you could help me more in terms on rebuilding my speed. I felt like I've gotten dull ever since the Swordsmith village attack.” he scratches his head.

The Serpent Pillar reminisced their sparring session earlier. From his observation, Muichiro's words doesn't seem quite. The boy's battle prowess was more than his already unrealistic expectations for his fellow demon slayers to have. Not to mention, he's still debilitated from his most recent battle.

The boy wasn't applying half of his speed capacity earlier, so he wasn't quite sure how to respond to his request, and he isn't best when it comes to speed either.

“What are you exactly aiming in terms of speed?”

Muichiro looks down and thinks for a moment. “I'm not sure if it's even possible to achieve a speed capacity with this level. That'll almost seem like you're using teleportation...”