𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 11 ♡︎

Comenzar desde el principio

"And then what? I tell you to run naked in the streets and you do it? What kind of relationship is that, Elena? I can't…"

"You wouldn't tell me to do this."

"But it's not the point, here. You are sired to me. We don't know what can happen. We don't even know if you love me because of this sire bond."

"Katherine said—"

"I don't care what she said. I'm sorry. I need to be sure that you want to be in this relationship, not that you're forced into it."

"I had feelings for you before I turned."

"Yes, just like you had feelings for Stefan, which by the way, totally disappeared when you turned. Do you think it's normal? They should've been magnified, Elena. But they disappeared, because you're sired to me."

Damon can feel his heart breaking all over again. Of course, something like this would happen to him. He finally had the girl, and it turned out that her feelings had been corrupted by some sire bond crap. Typical.

"Damon please…"

"I'm sorry. I love you, Elena. But you need to forget about us. You need to forget what we have. I'll only be happy if you forget that you ever had feelings for me."

He tries his hardest not to cry, but there's a lone tear that runs down his cheek, and Elena's thumb gently wipes it away.

"I can't forget you, Damon. I don't want to."

"I don't care what you want. That's what I want. I'm the selfish brother, remember?"

Damon takes a deep breath. He remembers how crushed he was when Katherine had told him that she had never loved him. He now knows that it had been a lie, but at the time his world had ended with her words. He knows he's going to break Elena. He knows that she'll always hate him for that, but for once, Damon feels like doing the right thing is the only option.

"It won't take long to forget about you, Elena. I can have anyone I want. I wanted you, I had you, and it was fun while it lasted. But now, this is just the proof that we're not made for each other. Take your things and leave. I never want to see you again."

Immediately after having said those horrible words, Damon turns from her and he tries his hardest to not look at her. He can feel that she hasn't moved an inch, probably too shocked by what has just happened. Finally, after what seems to be an hour, Damon turns back towards her, only to find out that he's alone. Elena's gone.

Katherine finds Stefan sitting on a bench in the park. It's getting late and there are close to nobody around them. People know that bad things happen in the neighborhood, they're starting to realize it. It's about time, she thinks. Quietly, she approaches Stefan and sits beside him. She doesn't say a word, doesn't try to touch him.

After a while, it's finally Stefan who makes the first move. He closes the distance between them and takes her hand in his. She lets him do it. She still doesn't offer any words and he's grateful. He's not sure what he would say anyway. Her presence alone is comforting. She squeezes his hand and lets her head rest on his right shoulder. Stefan kisses the top of her head.

"What happened after I left?"

"Damon freed Elena from the bond. She seemed pretty shaken. I didn't think he would, to be honest. Looks like he really wanted to do the right thing for once."

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For running away. My reaction was childish, and I know it must've hurt you to see me so upset about my ex."

"But I understand. I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at this little idiot of a doppelgänger."

Stefan smiles and stands up, bringing Katherine up with him.

"Thank you, for sticking with me."

"There's nowhere else I'd rather be," she answers truthfully.

His blue-green eyes never leave hers as he steps into her personal space.

"I never thought I'd say that but… I need you, Katherine. I need you in my everyday life. Don't ever leave me."

"I'll be by your side as long as you want me."

Stefan feels a warmth in his heart that he hasn't felt in quite a while. He knows what it means. This is love. Slowly, he leans in until his lips brush against Katherine's. She's closed her eyes and he does the same. The next moment is pure rapture for both of them. It's like a fire has just ignited within them. Stefan puts his arms around her waist as he crashes his lips onto hers with passion. When Katherine's hands tangle in his hair, Stefan is pretty sure that he's never been so happy in his entire existence. This has to be a dream.

There, you have it! Their first kiss!