𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 9 ♡︎

"I think I'm gonna tell Caroline that I'm here."

"What? No!"

"She's my only friend and I'd like to talk to her. We could let her know, I'm sure she'd keep it to herself."

"You told me that Klaus was following her everywhere. He will know and if he learns that I'm in town, I'm as good as dead," Katherine says flatly.

"I wouldn't let him hurt you."

"Oh yeah, because you're stronger than an Original hybrid."

The sarcastic tone of Katherine isn't lost on Stefan, and instinctively he pulls her even closer to him. They are watching TV in the living-room and Katherine sits in between Stefan's legs, her back resting against his torso. Stefan's chin rests on her right shoulder and his arms hold her prisoner of his embrace.

"I wouldn't let him," he repeats. "But I really want her to know that I'm here."

"Fine, but if Klaus finds me, I'll find a way to stake her before I die and then you'll have no one," she answers with a pout.

Stefan smiles and kisses her cheek.

"Thank you. This movie sucks."

"It's not like there's anything else we can do."

I can think of a few other things to do, Stefan thinks.

"I can hear your dirty mind screaming dirty ideas in my ear, Salvatore."

"Oh, really?"

"Hmm hmm."

"And what does it tell you?"

Katherine puts her hand on his leg and squeezes before slowly moving her hand up Stefan's leg until it reaches his thigh. Her eyes never leaves the TV screen but she can feel Stefan's breath getting caught in his throat.

"Nervous, Stefan?"

"No," he responds immediately.

She smirks. After all, she's a master at seduction and she knows exactly how to get a reaction from a man.

"You know what; maybe we should find a snack. I feel a little bit hungry."

Stefan is quick to agree and he disentangles himself from Katherine.

"Let's just make sure that we don't get seen, okay?"

"Yeah."

They opt to walk instead of taking the car. They are right outside of town and they are fairly certain that no one will be outside this late at night. The first person that they cross path with will be perfect. Katherine lets Stefan walk ahead of her the entire time. She knows that soon he'll give in to his animalistic instincts and he'll want to throw her on a bed and have his way with her. She'd let him do it. She's been waiting for decades to have him again in this way. But something is holding her back, and Katherine tries in vain to understand what exactly. It prevents her from throwing herself at him, literally.