𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 10 ♡︎

It takes Caroline a few days to wrap her head around the fact that Stefan has feelings for Katherine and that he really seems over Elena. Many times she tries to dissuade him to have a relationship with Katherine, and each of these times he tells her that he knows that things will be different this time. They hang out a lot, but never where they could be seen. Caroline knows that Elena and Bonnie are wondering where she's disappearing every day after school. She still hasn't spoken to Elena since she threw in her face that Damon was wrong for her. Speaking of Damon, she hasn't seen him a lot lately. He hangs out with Elena and she's pretty sure that they are secretly dating. Bonnie won't say a thing about it, but there are days when Elena comes to school with that "just fucked" look.

"Caroline."

The blonde vampire turns round and stops walking down the street when she hears her name. But she doesn't see anyone.

"Caroline, up here."

It's barely a whisper but her vampire skills allow her to hear it and she looks up only to find Stefan sitting in a tree above her. She would laugh if there wasn't anyone around.

"What are you doing, Stefan? It's broad daylight. Couldn't you just give me a call?"

"Oh I was hungry. Plus, we're getting a bit restless in that house. I swear Katherine's driving me crazy."

"Still haven't had super vampire sex?"

"No," he says, clearly frustrated.

"Well, what can I do for you?"

"I've heard that Klaus is out of town, is it true?"

Caroline's smile fades at the mention of the hybrid's name. He keeps trying to ask for a second date and she keeps politely telling him to fuck off, but he won't budge. It has taken a toll on her relationship with Tyler. Lately, they don't see each other very often. Both are busy doing their own thing.

"Yes, it's true. He left this morning and he told me that he wouldn't be back for weeks. Something about the cure."

"Great."

"Why?"

"I think it's time for us to confront Damon and Elena."

"Wait, Stefan! Before you do that, there's something I have to tell you. It's just a theory but…"

"What is it?"

"I talked to Tyler about it and he agrees that it is possible… I think Elena's sired to Damon."

Stefan pushes the entrance door of the house a while later, his mind full of Caroline's theories. Katherine is not in the living-room or in the kitchen so he goes up the stairs. The water is running in the bathroom; she's probably having a shower. Stefan tries really hard not to think of Katherine in the shower. It's like he can't control his thoughts now. His mind is always filled with images of her. It doesn't help that she enjoys parading in the house with very little clothing. When he hears that the water has stopped, Stefan knocks once on the door.

"Katherine?"

There are a few seconds of silence and then the door unlocks. Stefan's jaw almost hits the floor as his eyes take in Katherine's body wrapped in a small towel. Clearly she knew that he would react like that because she wears her trademark smirk on her face.