20. The Sweet in the Bitter

Start from the beginning

"Y-yeah..."

Eren looks between you two confused, "You... guys have met before?"

"Yeah, we met at the tea shop. Anyways..." she grabs both of your hands in hers, "I'm happy you're single again."

She looks towards Eren and chuckles playfully, "Oh Eren darling I might leave you for y/n, just look how pretty she is!"

You blush out of awkwardness and bashfulness, it feels weird that your ex-boyfriends girlfriend is flirting with you in front of him, what are you supposed to say?

Eren just rolls his eyes and finishes stirring the fruit punch, "You're never funny when you make those jokes."

She laughs and moves over to his side, patting his cheek playfully, "Oh lighten up I'm just having a laugh, I wouldn't leave you silly."

You take this as your sign to leave and grab the pitcher of fruit punch, "It was nice catching up, but, I should probably take the fruit punch back to the table."

It almost sickens you to see her playfully flirting with him, in a way you never did. You and him were past jokes and flirty words, because every little thing had meaning. Does he like this? Does he actually like her constant joking and flirting?

"Wait-"

You don't look back as you leave the kitchen, head filled with confusion. What was Eren going to say before Pieck came in? And why did Pieck not seem to care that her boyfriend was in a room alone talking with his ex?

It makes you speculate even further that she might not care about him all that much.

But you can't help the knot of guilt in your stomach. If you were her, you'd hate to walk in on something like that. You wanted to stay, to keep talking to Eren, but not in front of her, not with your intentions. That's not something you could stomach.

~

Cool wind flows in through the open sliding door in your bedroom, the moon casting its light on your body tossing and turning atop the covers.

You can't get him out of your mind, out of your heart, he'll never leave. Why do you keep trying to see him? Why do you torture yourself like this?

The good look you got of him at the party helped you to once again memorize every line of his jaw, every glint in his stunning teal eyes, every upturn of his lips, he seems to get more beautiful every time you see him.

You curse yourself as your body aches for him, kindling a heat that can't be killed by cold air alone. He really is a phantom, a poltergeist in your body, the curse that occupies your heart.

His voice never sounded so silvery, so sultry. Is it purely imagination that his words were littered with undertones of wanting for you?

Your hand slides down your exposed stomach and underneath the waistband of your panties, you've come running back.

He isn't here to fulfill your desires, not like he used to.

Your heart forces you to think of him as you rub circles over your clit, the pleasure warm and intoxicating.

Eren was everything to you, and it took you so long to realize it. It's too late for you to tell him you weren't lonely, you just wanted him back. It's too late for you to tell him he was your one love, that he was the fire in your core, that he was the only sweetness in the bitter taste of the world.