12. Dirty Talk

"Bye Martha I'll see you later." You wave to your boss as you collect your bag and pull out your phone.

"See ya y/n, careful walking home!" The kind and rosy cheeked woman waves back.

Honk honk!

The cadence of busy street traffic drowns out as you walk down the city street, eyes glued to your phone but still conscious of the other street walkers around you.

You have two notifications - a text from Armin, probably about his birthday party tonight, and an message from Marie. You open the message from Marie.

"Thank you so much! These lyrics are amazing, I can tell this song will be my first big hit! I'll send you the final copy once I'm finished recording it!"

A small, unnoticeable smile falls onto your lips, you're happy your hard work paid off.

It's been about a week and a half since the abortion. While you were sad and down in the beginning, you're now coming into a state of acceptance, and you realize that you made the right decision.

No more morning sickness, no more constant fatigue or tender breasts, your body has recovered nicely. Though of course there's still some pain in your heart, it's not enough to keep you bed-ridden like the first few days.

Surprisingly, Eren hasn't been an asshole since the abortion. He's been keeping quiet and civil, you can tell it hurt him as well, why wouldn't it? But while you were laying sad in bed after the procedure he was checking in on you, bringing Chinese takeout that you'd ignore for a bit until your stomach was growling violently. He even made you cereal and coffee one morning, how sweet.

All your life you've been vulnerable to waves of depression, it's something that never goes away. The abortion had it returning like an old friend, and it greeted you with hostility .

Though you're still a bit sad, you definitely feel better than before. You're trying to change things in your life, and that includes learning how to let go.

You unlock the apartment door and enter to dimly lit lights, the tv turned on to Cartoon Network.

You set your purse down and look around for Eren, finding him leaning against the balcony railing and observing the streets down below, exhaling smoke from the cigarette held between his two fingers.

Your eyes land on his fresh ear piercings, some dry blood left around one of the piercing sites.

"Are you going to Armin's birthday party?"

He turns to look at you as stand next to him, "Yeah."

"Alright well what time did you wanna leave?"

"Mm... soon."

You finish up your outfit with some glossy but natural makeup, just to lighten up your features. Your outfit for the party isn't all that glamorous, just a black lacy off-the-shoulders crop top with sheer sleeves and ripped boyfriend jeans. On your neck is a thin silver and diamond pendant, opting for diamond studs on your ears to match.

Eren walks out of the bathroom after brushing his teeth, nothings really changed about his usual party getup, except for a black T-shirt under a black denim jacket.

Oh... we're kind of matching...

You lock eyes with him while you're lacing up your heeled Doc Martens, quickly looking away before you get any more butterflies in your stomach.