T W E L V E

Present Day:

Present Day:

I was so stunned that Niall had told me what happened a year ago. So many thoughts were swimming in my head. For starters why did, I not remember any of this?

"Did I ever give you the book?" Niall didn't respond. "Did I give you anything?!" I said in frustration. That's when he finally looked at me.

"Shit." He murmured under his breath. "You called me, telling me you had it. You stopped contacting me after that. I thought you were dead until I found out you were found alive in New York." He explained.

"No, no, no." I whispered under my breath. This was not good. Not good at all. There was a chance I would never get those memories back. "Does Ridgewood know about this? The last time I talked with Zayn he was working on the same case. Something about assassinations..."

"I didn't tell that woman anything. After what you told me I couldn't trust anyone. Especially not her. Last I heard Zayn was going to the states to work on a case with the CIA." He explained. "Pack as much as you can."

I got out of the car and pushed open the door to the flat. Maybe it was due to me being overwhelmed and my mind going miles a minute that I didn't realize the flat was unlocked. It still didn't connect as I packed a suitcase and filled it with all the clothes I owned. I rushed down the steps and placed my laptop into my suitcase. I stopped in my tracks when I heard a noise behind me. It was a groan. I turned and followed the noise towards the bathroom. "Juliet!" I noticed a pair of legs lying near the entrance of the bathroom. Blood was in her hair, it was clear someone had hit her against the head with something.

"H...Help.."Juliet moaned in pain. I wasn't prepared for the feeling of someone grabbing me by the hem of my shirt and pulling me away from Juliet. I was pushed against the wall and came face to face with Ember. I knew there was something odd about the bastard.

"Time to bring you in..." Ember seethed as he was about to swing the baseball bat against my head. Though I was quicker and managed to duck before the bat could connect with my head. I swung my leg against him, making him lose his balance. I needed to get out of here. I rushed past Juliet and was close to grabbing my bag when I felt a kick to my back, making me fall onto my stomach. I yelped in pain as I turned onto my back. My eyes widened as I saw Ember swinging his bat again, and once more I rolled away, the bat missing my head by mere inches.

"Let me guess." I said as I jumped onto my feet, wincing as I felt the pain in my back. I tried pushing that away. I needed to make sure I didn't die first. "You work for Helix?" He didn't respond, and all he did was swing the bat towards my head, I moved my head, and the bat hit the wall behind me. I roundhouse kicked him towards the head, making him fall to the ground. I was unarmed as I rushed into the kitchen. I scanned the area to see If there was anything to defend myself with. The nearest thing I could grab was a knife. Just in time as I felt the bat hit against the counter, missing me. I screamed as I slashed Ember across the face.