S E V E N

May

May

Two weeks had past and it was finally time for the photoshoot. I sat up in my bed and made sure to rub the sleep away from my eyes. Looking at the clock that was next to my bedside table it was 8 am. "Wonderful." I groaned in disgust as I got up from my bed, quickly putting on some sweatpants and a shirt.

"Hwrry!" Sophia's small voice rang out as I wandered into the kitchen. She jumped off the chair she was sitting on and ran over to me. I picked her up and hugged her before letting her back down onto the floor.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" I chuckled.

Sophia nodded her head as she sat back down on the chair. Nina walked over and placed a plate full of eggs and bacon in front of her. "You missed it yesterday. We met mickey." She said before taking a big bite of her food.

"Don't talk with your mouth full." Nina reminded her as she walked back over to the stove.

"Sorry about that, Soph." I told her as I walked over to my coffee maker to make my first cup of coffee.

"You need to meet Mickey and Minnie." Sophia sighed, looking at me, pouting.

"I'll make it up to you next time." I told her. "I was busy" I added. Nina let out a loud chuckle beside me. I glared at her before turning back to look at Sophia. I hadn't joined Nina and Sophia on their visit to Disneyland for a variety of reasons. I told Sophia that I had a lot of work. Which I did, well, some of it anyways. Half of it was just me and my team coming up with ideas to deflect the media from the bad press I was getting. I had only gotten around to writing a few more songs. But most of it was spent laying in bed. I haven't had a decent night's sleep in weeks. I tried to use drinking as a way to cope with it. But that can only do so much.

"Fine." Sophia said before taking eating another piece of her eggs. Nina had by this point turned off the stove and walked back over to the table with two plates. "Not hungry." I told her directly.

Nina rolled her eyes as she placed the plate in front of me. "You can't keep surviving on just drinking coffee." She said before sitting down across from Sophia.

"Thanks" I murmured under my breath. I wasn't going to eat the food, but it was nice that she had thought of me.

We sat in silence for a few more minutes. The only sound that could be heard was Sophia humming a song. I realized that it was one of my songs. Nina just smiled at her daughter. "She won't stop singing it."

I couldn't help myself any longer and took a bite of the eggs Nina had made me. I wouldn't admit it to her, but the eggs were pretty good. Nina smirked at me as she knew I wouldn't be able to stop the hunger I was feeling. I soon felt my phone buzzing beside me. "Sorry." I murmured under my breath as I picked up my phone to see who was texting or calling me. My eyes widen a little bit when I saw the message.