Bears Will Be Bears

"She looked in the window, and then peeped through the keyhole; seeing nobody in the house, she lifted the latch"

"You still dizzy?" The doctor asked me for the second time.

"No I'm okay, can I see my Dad?"  I ask

"Sure, anyways you just hit your head so you should be fine. Take Tylenol if you have any headaches"

"Okay thanks doc" I say as I get my things

I head to Dad's room and see him on the chair.

"Well, your liver enzymes are elevated and we found traces of a neurotoxin in your blood; PHTX3 which is usually associated with a spider bite, lucky you didn't get more of it or it would of paralyzed your lungs. Well, if you feel lightheaded or feverish come on back" the doctor says to Dad.

"All right" the doctor leaves and Dad asks me "hey you okay?"

"Yea the doctor said I just hit my head, might have a headache but I'll be fine. I heard what the doctor said why would that woman want to put that stuff in Aunt Marie?" I asked

"I don't know"

We go outside and see Hank "They find anything wrong with y'all?"

"Just a few toxins in my blood and Lizzie just has a headache"

"Just a few toxins? Like the kind that can kill you?"

"Well apparently not" Dad says

"You gonna be okay?"

"How do I look?" Dad asks

"Like a cop who's been working all night" I say

"Aw, thats funny, Lizzie that's how you look." Dad says as Hank laughs

I scoff and say "Well, then you look good" and Dad laughs.

"Aunt Marie" Dad says as he walks to her

"She's not stable, we can't allow anyone in the I.C.U yet" The nurse says

"Well, when can we talk to her?" Dad asks

"After we're done running the tests, we can't risk letting her slip back into a coma, I'll call you the minute we know something" The nurse says before closing the door.

"How is she?" Captain Renard says

"Well, she came out of the coma but there still running tests." Dad says

"So when did the attack happen?"

"About ten minutes after we got here, she came up behind me, she had a syringe in her hand"

"How do you know she wasn't a nurse?"

"Well she stuck a needle in Dad and ran away" I say still looking at Aunt Marie.

"You were with him?" Captain Renard asks me

"Yea" I say and I notice how he made a face, but it quickly came back to that brooding look he has.