15

Sylvie's POV:

I sit on the grass, my thumb caressing and running along the cross tattooed on the area between Carter's thumb and wrist, it's getting late and I have work tomorrow so I decide the best thing to do right now is to drop Carter back at his apartment and then go back to mine and shower. "Let's go" I stand up, lifting my head off of Carter's broad shoulder and wiping down my jeans with my hand. He pouts playfully and follows me, placing his palms on the green grass below us and pushing himself up. Every muscle in his arm flexes clearly through his skin tight t-shirt as he puts pressure on it.

As he stands fully, he practically towers over me. Strands of his dirty blonde hair fall down his forehead as he bends his neck to stare down into my eyes. My breathing intensifies as he slowly inches his face towards me. Once he finally gets to the point that I can feel his breath against my skin, he chuckles and leans back, lifting his right hand to swipe his hair back into place.

I roll my eyes at him and turn around, in an attempt to begin our journey back to my car. Yet i'm spun around by a hand wrapped around my wrist. I come to a stop as my body collides into a pair of rock-hard defined abs. Before I'm able to comprehend the situation, his lips clash against mine. They move at a slow, familiar rhythm together, he snakes his arms around my back and pulls me closer to his chest. His lips pull into a smile as our lips stay conjoined, it causes me to copy him.

He pulls away slightly, disconnecting our lips, "I know we're moving fast but please, be mine" he begs, catching me by surprise, visibly. "Before you say no, I promise I won't disappoint you. Just consider it". I take a moment, but eventually respond. "Could I have some time?" I ask him, he smiles and bends down slightly, gripping onto both my arms, "you can have all the time in the world, I'm not going anywhere" he practically whispers as he confirms with me.

A smile stretches across my face as I nod. We turn around and make our way back to my car. I drop Carter back to his apartment, the ride was quiet but peaceful. Then I arrive back at my apartment, opening the doors I felt like a whole new person. A person with a new path ahead of her.

I no longer walked through those white wooden doors with my entire week planned out, my entire life planned out. Everyday was never the same, Carter came in and changed everything. I'm definitely not complaining though.

I hang my bag neatly in my closet before turning around and pulling off my jacket. Only to realise that it wasn't mine. I had forgotten to give Carter his jacket back, he had wrapped it around me earlier in the cemetery as I was cold.

I place my hands in the pocket and feel and object. Pulling it out, I discover it is only a pack of cigarettes. I put them back in and place the jacket at the edge of my bed and begin pulling the rest of my clothing off and jumping into the shower.

***

As I leave my door the next morning to head to work, I go to the cafe and order my regular large coffee. As I'm standing at the condiments, my body begins to tense up. I get the familiar uncomfortable feeling, as if somebody is watching me. I lift my head and eye the room. In the corner of the cafe sits a man alone by the window, he wears a suit and has blonde hair. He has nothing but a menu in front of him. His eyes aren't on me, but on the menu. Barely anyone else fills the cafe, the few other people that are in the small area are accompanied with another person.

I mentally shrug and speed up my sugar-filling process to be able to leave sooner. After tossing the empty sachets into the trash, I grab the cup off the counter and rush out through the door.