Chapter 26: Capable

Comincia dall'inizio

I put the phone down and smiled at Eren.

"They're coming home tomorrow!" I cheerfully said to him and he nodded.

Why does it look like Eren is not happy with the news?

"Uhhm Eren? Did I say something wrong?" I asked him and he stopped eating.

"It's nothing." He answered.

He stood up and excuses himself as he went upstairs to get our things.

"Did I say something wrong that made him like that?" I sighed but deep inside I am nervous.

Last night, it felt like he tore his own walls down for me but now he is going silent.

He is still a complete mystery for me. The more you he talks, the less I know things about him.

Eren could be the sweetest and could also be the coldest. It just really depends on the person he is dealing with.

"I am not used to the silence. Is something wrong Eren?" I started the conversation as I felt suffocated.

We are inside the car for how minutes already on the way to school but none of us are talking.

"No, nothing's wrong." He says and I looked at him irritated.

"Yeah? I love the way you lie at me, love." I rolled my eyes. Why is he going silent??

It was starting to get into my nerves. I am already aware that I didn't say anything bad but he just changed his mood all of a sudden.

"Love?" I heard him clearly as he sighed the heaviest.

"Hmmm?" I looked at him.

"I just don't know if I'm capable." He says as he lazily looked at the road.

"Capable of what?" I asked.

"Capable of loving you the way you deserve to be loved." He said so clearly as he looked at me by the end and I felt my mouth hanging open.

"Eren.." I whispered.

The car stopped. We have already arrived but silence once again enveloped inside the car.

"Mikasa.." Eren says as he pulled me towards him.

I rested my head on his chest as I listened to the beat of his heart. He slowly cupped my face and stared into my eyes. My heart is beating rapidly but my whole body is completely relaxed. Just like last night.

"Listen to me." He commands and I nodded.

"I wish I was a fortune teller so I could tell you what will happen in the future but I'm not and I don't want you to get hurt or suffer because of me." He says which surprised me.

What is Eren saying? I don't understand.

"Love..Is there a problem? Did you get into trouble again huh?" I asked but I am really moved to what he said.

Eren.. I love you but sometimes, I really just don't know what runs through your head.

"No. Nothing. I just want the two of us together." He says and he let out a heavy sigh.

I hugged him back and I felt him calmed down.

"Don't say something like that again please." I begged and he nodded.

"If that's your wish, I love you." He says and he patted my hair.

"Why don't we enjoy this day? My treat!" He says cheerfully and I grinned.

"Are you sure?" I got excited and he nodded.

We spend the day with our friends. Our classes are the same. However, I couldn't still ignore the fact that we got a little known in the school because of the competition.