Chapter 9

"What are you doing."

At first she froze until she noticed that this voice was familiar.
Slowly she turned around and faced him.

"What's that?"

He walked towards her and picked up the medicine packet and read it.
He raised his eyebrow a little confused with everything that was going on.
He grabbed her hand and forcefully opened it and she fought back.
There were three pills in her hand. He looked up staring at her face as he stood there shocked.

"Open your mouth."
He demanded.
She shook her head no as she tried to loosen his grip on her hand but he'd just grab her tighter.

"Don't make me repeat myself."

Yes he sounded aggressive, but unless your aggressive to Xyleena she won't listen, she was too stubborn.

She stood there looking into his eyes.

"Xyleena Spit it out, I know you put one in your mouth."
He grabbed her chin and tried to open up her mouth, she kept fighting back until he eventually got her to open her mouth.
He bent her head a little bit down causing the medicine to slip out her mouth onto the ground with the rest that were in her hand.

He picked up the medicine packet again and looked at it.

"There's six that's empty and you only had four, what happened to the other two?" He questioned her.

She didn't answer him, instead she looked down to the ground feeling ashamed to make any eye contact with him.

"It's alright, you only took two."

She nodded slightly then stared at her wrist which Jairo was grabbing.
He noticed her looking at her wrist and he quickly let go, leaving a red mark.

"Oh sorry."
He apologised.

She nodded her head at him and attempted to smile but failed.

"What happened here? If you don't mind me asking."

She parted her lips about to talk but then closed it as she fought back the tears trying to escape her eyes.
He noticed her pain, at this point he knew he wanted to help her.

"Sshh, it's alright, you don't have to talk."
He tried calming her down as she cried.

"Are you by yourself?" He asks her and she nods at him.

"You can stay over at mine, It's not safe to be by yourself."

She shook her head, she didn't want to become a burden on him.

"But you can't stay here, there's blood all over the floor."

She shrugged her shoulder and walked to where the cleaning supplies were and grabbed some bleach and a mop.

"At least let me help you."

She looked up at him and nodded, she passed him the mop and the bleach as she went to boil the water.

1 hour later

"Here looks way better now."

She looked at him and smiled, if he hadn't come she would have ran away, or even killed herself, deep down she was extremely grateful.

They put the cleaning supplies away and stood there facing each other in an awkward silence.

"Erm.."

"Movie?" That was the first word she's said since he came in.

She didn't wait for him to finish speaking and grabbed his arm and led him upstairs to her room. He kept quiet and followed her.

He sat on her bed as he noticed the packed suitcases.

"Are you travelling or something?"
He asked her.

At first she was confused then realised she left the suitcases, she looked at him then shook her head - turning back to the TV.

"Ohh...."
He didn't ask anymore question about the suitcase, but he wasn't that stupid, he knew that she was planning on going somewhere, probably running away.

Xyleena put on a movie for them both as she goes and lays on the bed, she tapped the spot beside her so that Jairo could also lay down.

"You sure?" He asked her.

"Mhmm."

An hour has passed and they sat silently watching the movie until someone's phone starting ringing.
She looked around and noticed it was Jairos phone ringing, he reached for it on the drawer and answered it.

"Hello?"

"No im not home."

"Erm.. okay I'm coming."

He ended the call and got of the bed.

"I have to go handle something." He told Xyleena as she kept her eyes on the movie.

Deep down she was upset that he was leaving, she felt much safer around him.

She watched him as he walked towards the door about to open it.

"No!"

He looked back at her confused.

"What do you mean no?"

"Stay.. please."
She pleaded.

He could sense that she was scared, that made him wonder what happened this evening.

She got up and walked towards him. She wrapped her arm around his neck and wept into his chest.

He stood there shocked not knowing what to do, he wasn't good with cheering people up when they cried, even Xyleena didn't know why she was wrapped around him, all she knew was that he made her feel safe.

"P-Please.. don't... l-leave me" she said as she wept.

He wrapped his hands around her waist and held her even tighter, promising himself that he'd never leave her side.

So basically I've made their ages, 15 (Xyleena) and 16 (Jairo)

Vote and comment