Chapter 5

She woke up as the alarm rang. Another day of regret.
Your probably wondering what it is that she's regretting.
Life is part of it.
But the biggest regret was not helping her brother, not calling for help when he needed it.
She blamed herself for his death.

She got out the shower and went to her closet to grab her uniform.
She stood in front of the mirror as she examined herself.
Usually whenever she'd do this, she would leave disappointed, that's was because she wasn't proud of her figure, she always wanted an hourglass figure, to look like a celebrity.
Well that's all she saw on social media.

She wore her uniform and ran out the door realising that she was running late.
She checked her watch, 8:32, 'shoot' she muttered to herself, she wasn't late, however she liked to be early so she could prepare for her lessons.

"Oi! Watch where your going!" A boy yelled at her - his voice sounded very familiar.
She was looking down and could only see plenty of shoes, slowly she looked up and saw Jairo. It shocked her that she even remembered his name.

"Oh my bad, it's you." His mug switched to a smile and he examined her in her uniform, 'xyleena' she said to himself - making sure that name don't leave his head.
For some reason he wanted to remember her name, to him there was something special to her.
Many other boys may disagree, he's heard a lot of rumours, some think she's in some sort of cult, some thinks she's ugly and others think she's just a loner.
He never cared about those rumours at this moment.
Another mans lost is another mans treasure.
Maybe she was his treasure, we'd just have to wait and see.
Even I'm curious to see what happened to them in the future.

JAIRO
After school

Your probably wondering who this story is about, it is not just about Xyleena. Jairo manages to make his way into this story.
But don't worry, you will hear about Xyleena later... soon.

"I saw the way you were looking at her this morning." Ishmael tells Jairo as they start walking home.

"Looking at who?"
Jairo sat there confused as he spoke to his best friend.

"Don't deny it, I'm talking about Xyleena."

"Ishmael stop speaking."
Jairo brushes him off.

Was Jairo interested in her? Yes.
Did he like her? No.
Jairo doesn't like the idea of catching feelings or even loving someone. He thinks love is fake.
That is because Love is blind.
How can you love someone who one day will leave you broken. To him it never made sense.
But to me, he don't make sense.

Love
Noun
Intense feeling of deep affection

Fall in love to much, you'd end up hurting yourself.
But what he doesn't know is that love enables you to see what's invisible to the eye.
It's hard to love someone, but once you start loving them, it's hard to not love them.
But - love can be dangerous.

"Hello!" Ishmael snapped in his face.

"My bad, what lessons did you have today? I didn't see you that much in school"

"Oh it's because I had sociology.. Spanish... double science, then..."

Jairo stopped listening as he saw Xyleena walk Past him, for the second time, maybe this was fate that kept bringing them together, her natural hair was out and her curls reached up to her buttocks.

"Uh..."
he started to walk towards her and greet her, for some reason this time he was nervous to speak to her, maybe it was her attitude towards him.

"Hi..."
Xyleena looked him in the eye then back down at her feet then continued to walk.

"Hahaha."
Jairo turned around as he heard Ishmael horrible laugh echoing in his ears.

"It's not funny."
He screwed him.

"She ignored you.. I wonder what's wrong with her."
Ishmael wondered as he spoke to Jairo.

"To be honest, I don't care what's wrong with her, she's lonely and will forever be lonely."

"LEVITICUS!?" Jairo shrieked down the corridor.
Leviticus was like an older brother to him, their parents worked together and were best friends therefore they became close, Leviticus had been looking after him ever since.
Especially when his cousin Journey died, Jairo was so close with her, when he find about her death, he was broken - torn to pieces. Leviticus would cheer him up and tell him she's in a better place.
Yep. Exactly what you thinking, this is the same Leviticus who had murdered Journey.
Why he is not in prison yet? Even I don't know.
Why haven't I taken over his body? Nature won't allow me to.

"I'm in here!" He yelled back replying to Jairo.

Jairo walked towards the room he heard Leviticus from.
He opened he door and walked in, sitting on his bed.
In case your wondering, they don't live together, however sometimes they stay at each other's houses, Leviticus may be older but was still the brother Jairo could ask for.

"What's wrong?"
Leviticus asked him as he sat beside him on the bed.

"Nothing, I was just checking to see where you were."

"Stop lying." Leviticus knew Jairo very well.

"It's nothing, I'm going now."
He was about to leave but Leviticus pulled him back by the shirt.

"Spill the tea."

Jairo took a deep breathe in as he sat back on the bed.

"It's a girl isn't it?"
Leviticus knew right away it was a girl, he remembers acting like this when he first met Journey.
Sometimes he regrets pulling the trigger.
Everyday I regret taking over her.
But that's life - full of regrets, you can only learn from it.

"It's not that I like her or anything, but there's something about her that I find interesting."
He told Leviticus as he listened.

"Then why don't you just speak to her, what's stopping you?"

"The problem is she isolated herself from everyone, she barely speaks, I tried speaking to her and she ignored me, people say it's because she's broken."

"I mean... if you care so much, keep trying. Plus why do people say she's broken?"

"It's because someone who was like a sister to her and her brother were murdered."

"Ohhh"
Leviticus was speechless.

"Yeah, they don't even know who the killer was, I hope they find the killer, and they must suffer, bringing all the pain to their families... including me.."
Jairo looked down as he spoke, remembering his cousin was the female who was murdered, and her killer was still roaming free.

"What do you mean, I'm confused now."

"Her brother was Xavier, and the person who was like a sister to her is also cousin, who was also her brothers girlfriend... Journey."

"Ohhh..."
Guilt started attacking him.

Vote and comment