And without warning the beam of the flashlight shot towards them in an instant. Now what? Now what!? Confused mumbling sounds came from behind them. this is bad... the light wasn't leaving, he had to think of something and fast. There came the sound of popping from the hunter's gun, RUN! RUN NOW! His thoughts screamed.

The hunter fired, and suddenly the cardboard box tore open from one side. Six let out a loud gasp, "SIX!?" he shouted. Is she okay? Is she safe!? looking backwards he saw her at the very back of the box, shocked and winded. He grabbed her hand, then made a break for it.

Mono felt the adrenalin rush through his body as they zig zagged across the grassy field, dodging the storm of bullets. "Look buddy! I'm sure there is a way we can settle this peacefully!" Mono shouted, and with that he was answered with a bullet that zipped passed him and collided with the trunk of a tree, "N-never mind." Mono squeaked, this thing wouldn't listen to reason, not in a million years.

They ran for miles, and soon Mono's chest began to burn and his sides started to ache, a not a moment later he tripped and fell over, and then pain lanced through him. A burning feeling, it was like something was unbearably hot crawling down his shoulder and down to his fingers. Unknowingly Six yanked his arm and pulled him behind the cover of a blown down tree, making him whine from the pain.

Six froze, her vermilion eyes were full of concern. She looked down at her hand and saw dark crimson crawling between her fingers. Knowing full well that the blood wasn't hers, she looked back at Mono and sucked in a breath as she saw his coat soaked in blood, running from his shoulder down to his hand.

Her lips parted as she made a "HA..." sound, and reluctantly stepped towards him. But Mono waved her off, "I'm alright, I'm alright." Mono said, his breath escaping in heavy pants. this is gonna ruin everything. Six shook her head, and knelt beside him, lifting the torn piece of clothing off the wound. "I said I'm fi- ow, ow, ow..." The adrenaline left his body, and was now replaced with a scorching pain. "Just go, get out before it get here."

Six clenched her teeth so hard they almost shattered, she balled a fist a brought down over Mono's head, making the paper bag crumple into a V shape.

"OI! what was that?!" Mono said. His good hand moving to where she had struck him.

"One word... And I'll hit you again." Six spoke. her voice was as soft as the song of birds. But yet it was filled with anger.

She spoke?! she can speak! "W-wha?"

She struck him again.

"OW! alright alright! My lips are sealed." He said, rubbing his head feeling a bump rising. But boy! that was the most beautiful voice he's ever heard.

Six stood up and went to scout for the hunter, she placed her hand over the roots and peeked, she hid as the beam of the flashlight came rushing across the tall grass. She search for something beside her, she grabbed a rock big enough to fit her palm, Six threw it in the air then caught it as she waited for the hunter to draw closer.

As it came in range Six threw the rock to the other side, it struck a tree. And with a split second the hunter turned and fired in that direction, hitting nothing. Six rushed and grabbed Mono by his good arm and hurried down the lane. Mono was left speechless, all he could see was Six tiny form holding his hand and leading him onward.

The hunter mumbled aloud, Mono couldn't decipher the words, but it sure sounded furious.

A structure came into view a the bottom of the lane, it was flanked by trees with bare branches. And from those branches, hung different sets of televisions, some of them had shattered screens while others were still intact. Some were awfully familiar to the one he came from back there in the woods.