Sixty Seven | Bad, Blood, and Bold

Start from the beginning

"Steve

"Steve."

"Hey. What's going on?"

"There's something you gotta see."

Following Sam's gaze, he follows up behind his friend and sees the television on,

"A bomb hidden in a news van, ripped through the UN building in Vienna. More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of a suspect who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier. The infamous HYDRA agent, linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations."

Eyes wide, Steve stares as the TV flashes a blurry picture of Bucky walking into an enclosed parking lot, obviously taken from CCTV footage. Both Sam and Steve exchange looks, Steve being more worried as he turns away to look over at where (y/n) once was. She didn't meet his gaze, having it already fixated on the television playing the news, signs of worry and some sort of frustration and recognition, already hurrying out the door without second thought

•               •               •

Natasha sits on one of the benches, a paramedic having just checked up on her. Her phone rings, a message having just popped up from (y/n) asking if she was alright. She answers the call and holds it to her ear. "Yeah?"

"You alright?"

"Mhm... yeah, thanks. I got lucky." Natasha looks around the area and frowns, standing up and crossing an arm over her abdomen as she held her elbow. "Look, I know how much Barnes means to you, to the both of you. I really do."

"Still think she's considering?"

"After what she just saw? Chances are she might in hopes of trying to convince them not to kill Barnes on sight." Natasha says, taking in a deep breath. "And god do I hope she does. But please, stay home. Go call her and convince her to stay out of it. This will only make this worse. For all of us. Please. If she signs, we'll have enough power to do something about this the right way."