~ CHAPTER 22 ~ NO LAID DAY

Start from the beginning

The interviewer decided to test her in the field. And she impressed them the first second she started to talk and got more than 3 clients lining to buy the brand car. The interviewer said that she had good speech and convincing talents and he immediately employed her. Now she is working as a salesgirl. We were all jubilant for her and you can see how happy she was as her eyes  twinkles.

Now time for the real deal. We had that thing in our close circle of friends that whenever one of us achieve something, we have to drink beer in the yard of ale glass and this is exactly what she's doing.

" Get it! Get it! Get it! " we all shouted, slapping our hands on the table with excitement and she swallow all of it in one

" Okay, my turn " Gisele exclaimed and she sat right and lift her left hand. Don't tell me this is what I am thinking. How did I go unnoticed by this?

" I am engaged "

June almost spat out her beer. " No fucking shit"

" yes, fucking shit. I will get married in a few months" She chirped. We all stayed silent watching her with shock.

" with who," we all asked again in unison.

Gisele's cheeks started tinting red till the back of her ears. She fidgetted as her eyes met us all to finally reveal, " To Galen"

" You sneaky little bitch " I swear at while making my way around the table to crush her in between my arms followed by the two musketeers.

Short story:

Gisele and Galen were high school sweethearts, they were the popular lovers in the school that even some of our teachers ship them together. Well, we can portray them as the stereotypical type of a high school movie. They even had their own table at the canteen area for Zeus sake. But then they drifted, they fought a lot and it ended up ugly. But seems like they got back without us knowing and getting married.

" I have 4 questions. What? When? How? and Where? "

" After our long break up, I met him at a coffee shop after work and we talked and got back together and here we are " she showed us her hand " and he proposed me at the same coffee shop five months later"

"Cute story. Who gets married after knowing each other for five months? " Naemi spat out as if it is the most stupidest thing ever.

" We've known each other for years Nae, we are no strangers and we sort things out. We wanted to take things slowly but we realised sooner that we want to spend the rest of our lives with each other" She shyly smiled and her eyes held an intense adoration and love for Galen.

" Well since you too have achieved something " June hand Gisele a yard of ale beer glass. " Gobble up bitch!"

We were all cheering for her and once she drank it all, her face grimaced at the bitterness of her beer. But suddenly, a cold shiver ran down my spine. My senses are alerted. I haven't felt it for weeks. I thought my imagination was playing with me but I felt it again. The piercing eyes. I slowly turned around as if I knew it was behind me. Oh no. I started to get tipsy. My eyes landed on a hooded man far from me, my vision was a bit blurry and fuzzy due to the alcohol and the go and fro of people. I tried to walk steadily towards that person but I was suddenly yanked back by June.