Chapter 3

Everyone stares at me in shock. I stand firmly keeping a straight face. Stephanie's face brightens and she squeals, jumping up and down.

'OMG! OMG! OMG! Yes! Finally! Thank you, God!'

'Get off the ground, Steph. It's dirty!' Miles takes Steph's hand and pulls her up. She complains and gives out to him, but I could tell she's also embarrassed, especially since Miles is still holding onto her hand.

In the very beginning, when "I" first started this boy drama, Steph and I agreed that even if we have a crush on the same guy, we won't lose our friendship because it's them who make the choice on whom they date, not us. The only reason why we were both under pressure with this was from my indecisivness.

Poor Steph...

Now, I know what I want. I want to go to Rezo Academy where I'll learn the study of animals and become a zoologist. If my family aren't happy for me, well, I have another whom are. They support me and I support them.

As for the boy thing, I don't care. I like both Rick and Miles. They're good guys. I don't have to have a crush. When I get one, I get one, until then, I'll live my life my way.

'They go well together, no?' Rick shoves me a bit, waking me from my thoughts.

I turn to him and then I look at Miles' and Steph's direction, it is obvious they like one another. I smile. Steph notices and blushes. I give her a thumbs up and wink. She recognises the signal and grins. Miles watches us with a raised brow and Steph pounces on him. I chuckle and turn away from the newly couple, gazing at the mountainous view.

'So...Rezo Academy. Good choice. Following your own dream instead of your parents'. That's...awesome...' Rick rubs his shoe on a small pebble.

'I thought your parents were happy for you?' I contort my face.

'No! I mean, yes. They are...happy for me. Yes. I was just saying that you're going to be working with animals and it might result in you travelling, you know, to study them.' He lifted his gaze.

'I guess.' I shrug. 'I don't like the idea of travelling but I know I want to study zoology. I love animals. Besides, I could learn to love travelling too.'

Rick nods. 'Make sure you're careful, Jules.'

I smile which turns into a grin. 'The Great and Powerful Julie is always careful!' I use my goofy voice along with my super pose. Rick breaks into a laughter and so do I.

'Gamer Girl.' Rick manages to say with a hand through his hair. I blush.

He looked soooo hot just then.

Rick half-smirks at me. I focus on the view. The grey and blue mixtures of colour on the mountains with the addition of the green from the trees and grass creates a marvellous landscape. If you look down, your stomach would turn from the height you're in. Rick startled me when he hugs me from behind. 'Boo.' I push myself away and shake my head.

'That's not funny.'

'Yeah, sorry.' He rubs the back of his head.

Awkward hottie?

We continue to look over in the distance while leaning on the same tree. I hear a wood pecker further down and imagine it's pecking as popcorn popping. Exactly in that moment, my stomach grumbles. I hold my tummy and sigh.

'Hungry?'

'Yeah...'

'I got rolls in my backpack. I made them in case anyone got hungry, me specifically.' He bents down next to him for his bag.