Chapter 1

'I don't know, it's too difficult!'

'Come on, Julie! Pick the one you like most! Which one is cuter to you?'

'But I don't know!!!'

'Sometimes, Julie. You're too much for me...'

'I'm sowwy!'

'Hey, don't use the baby voice on me!'

3 years flew by so quickly.... I'm already a senior and I'll be graduating soon. Right now, my best friend and I are trying to figure out what boy I like.

Let's just say it's not going so well.

Steph drops the pictures on the ground and collapses on my bed. I lie next to her and we both stare up at the ceiling. In movies and stories, there are certain aspects that seem unrealistic until they actually happen to you. I'm a perfect example of this. There are 2 wonderful guys in my life and I can't seem to decide who's the one for me.

We've all known each other since first year, so we're very familiar with one another. We hang out together at a cafe, sometimes it's just 2 people. There have been times when Stephanie was too busy so I was alone with Rick or Miles. During those times, I would keep the conversation casual to avoid any foolish behaviour. In a group, everyone is wild and witty. By ourselves, we're more taimed. I guess it's more comfortable that way.

'You can't like 2 different people, Julie.' Steph rubs her eyes as she tells me this.

'I know.' I close my eyes and let my mind ease up. Both guys came up and smiled at me. Rick was on the left and Miles was on the right. They had their hand out extended to me. I had to choose one.

Which one?

I open my eyes, push myself off the bed and walk to the pin board we made. Steph and I pinned out every feature, characteristic and activity that they have/do that we remembered, whether it's a flaw or strength.

Creepy - maybe.

Determined to get an answer out of this strategy - yes!

Crazy - no!

'Miles likes horse riding like me, but he wants to travel around the globe, unlike me. Rick likes dancing at the disco, also like me, yet he isn't interested in getting a pet, also unlike me.'

'So, you got one guy who wants to travel and another who doesn't want a pet. Plus, they both obtain the country and city activities you like.' Steph sighs. 'Girl, you never give us easy options to chose from...'

'Hey, you make it sound like I'm boy crazy.'

'You're not boy crazy, but you always have us stressing over something. Like...that college thing for instance! Your parents want you to go to medical school and you want to become a zoologist.'

'Animals are amazing!' I object.

'Become a zoologist then!' Steph throws her arms in the air.

'I don't want to upset my parents...'

'They're not the ones going to college you are, and you are your own person!'

'It's not-'

'Don't you dare finish that sentence!' Steph sits up and puts her face in her hands. After a moment, she gets up and grabs my shoulders. 'Alright, think about it this way... Do you want to have control over yourself, or have others control over you?'

I pause to think and let that question float around our heads.

Do I want that power? Or, do I prefer following someone else's orders?

I hope this story was entertaining. I've been gone for so long and thought of posting this story. If you have any recommendations or questions, please put them in the comments. I still need to figure out what the cover should look like... Thank you for your support. I appreciate it ~ 😊