Chapter 2

The city life is really busy this morning. There are cops and five trucks driving by and other cars have to move out of their way. The sirens are piercing through my ears. Or, it could be the headache giving me this impression. I put on my headphones and turn on my favourite song.

"Better When I'm Dancin' " - Meghan Trainor

That question is still in my head. I know the answer but I know what that answer represents... As for the boy drama, I'm meeting up with them now so I'll make my decision.

'Julie!' Steph runs and embraces me with a hug.

'H-hey, Steph! Nice to see you too.' I hug her back and wave to the boys.

'I've missed you! The weekend felt like 2 years!'

'How do you know what 2 years feels like?' I raise a brow.

'....because 2 years already passed?'

Before I could respond, the boys caught us by surprise.

'Ladies! What's the hold up? I'm starving!'

'Gah!' We jump.

'Sorry, my bad. Didn't mean to scare you.'

I relax. 'It's ok.' I put on a pose and wink. 'I, The Great and Powerful Julie, forgive you!'

Rick laughs and so does Stephanie. Miles just grins while looking at me. 'Nice impression, Gamer Girl.'

I do love video games so....

We get a table and place our orders. 'What have you been up to, Jules?' Rick nudges me and I turn to him while fiddling with my tissue.

'Thinking about college.' I shrug. 'You?'

'You're still on about that?!' Steph slams her hands on the table.

'Calm down, Steph! College is very important. Let Jules take her time.' Miles says with a hand on my shoulder.

I nod gratefully at him. The waiter comes and we eat peacefully. Not normal for us... We usually talk non-stop. When I finish my last bite, I excuse myself and go to the toilet. I turn the knob and splash water on my face. The cool refreshment helps with the pressure I'm under. My reflection shows the water dripping from my face. I stare at it until I make the decision that will change my future and mostly...my present....

I added a bit of an "UndertTale" reference in case you didn't notice or were unaware. I thought it would be funny and add to the personalities of the characters, showing their other hobbies or hang out activities. This chapter was rather short, I know... I'll try make the next one longer! What do you think Julie will decide? Who do you think she should choose? Any feedback or corrections, please put them in the comments. I hope to read from you! Thank you for your support ~ 😊