twenty

winter // twenty

❄❄❄❄

❄ L ❄

❄❄❄❄

Summer has never felt further away than it does when Lena's sitting on her big, cold bed, listening to the sleet hitting the window and Kate going on about politics in her lazy drawl. There seems to be no hope for the ice ever ending or the sun ever shining again. It's very fitting for the mood, really.

"Are you a republican or a democrat?" Kate asks loudly. Lena shoots her a glare because why is Kate talking when Lena is clearly trying to drown her sorrows in biology flashcards like she has been the past two weeks. "I'll take that as a libertarian, then."

"Could you get your fucking feet of my desk?" is all Lena says. It's the most she's spoken in about two days, so she's a bit annoyed when Kate lets out a long-suffering sigh instead of actually moving her feet. There's a minute of silence before Kate gets bored again.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" she asks gently. "Or go out? We can, like, go get coffee or something. Go into the city."

"I want to throw you out the window, a bit."

Kate doesn't appear to have heard her. "We could get drunk? We're good at that."

"It'll be like the Defenestration of Prague. Except better."

"Lena."

Lena blinks. "Fine. Here's what we're going to do. You're going to go with me to Harry's flat, and I'm going to get my clothes and my calculator and all my shit. And then I'm gonna leave a check on the counter for my portion of the rent. And then we're going home."

Kate nods.

"And then. I don't know. We're going to put on some angry music and I'm going to try not to have a mental breakdown and then we're going to drink a lot of vodka."

Kate looks at her like her plan has some flaws. She's potentially correct. Lena doesn't care, mostly because her layer of control right now is very thin and if she starts to think beyond the next ten minutes she's going to fall down and cry and probably not be able to stand up again.

"Okay?" Lena asks.

"Okay," Kate says.

❄     ❄     ❄     

is it ok to come inside? Lena texts Louis an few minutes later. the message board just says "it's britney bitch fuk wit me!" and that worries me a bit???

She gets a response from within a minute. haz isn't home if that's what ur worried about 

Lena bites down on her lip. i was hoping you'd tell me it's a bad idea

why the fuck would it be a bad idea?

Because Lena and Harry are in a bit of a fight and last time she saw Harry they were both crying and getting her things out of his apartment seems like a really final step in the whole "ending it" thing. And also the rest of the boys probably hate Lena for the whole debacle.

we're in a bit of a fight. And then, a second later, just in case: and u guys r probably mad at me too 

get the fuck over it. u have literally spent the last four months living in our apartment you dumbshit. i haven't burned any of ur clothes or anything and zayn isn't going to make an origami ninja star to stab u with. harry's not a angry guy. he'll forgive u the second u stick ur tongue down his throat. the kid's easy for it. dumbass.