Trigger-Happy Mizugumo But I'm Not Happy

I didn't know when I slid down the tree, but when I suddenly became aware of my surroundings, my feet were already planted on the pavement.

I didn't have too much time to dwell on my lapse in consciousness, though, as explosions sounded, indicating that the fight between Bakugo and Midoriya was continuing.

I should just leave. This doesn't concern me, and I have a splitting headache. I want to go back to the roof and watch the stars from there.

But my body conflicted with my mind.

Against my own will, my feet twisted and my torso turned to face the fight that was unfolding. Midoriya's form was crackling with power. Leg snapping in a roundhouse curve, he caught Bakugo right across the face when he flew towards him with small explosions detonating in his palms.

Stumbling back a couple of steps, Bakugo's chest heaved as his breathing became erratic. Slowly, his head lifted, with a completely different emotion in his eyes than before. Just seconds ago, he was drowning in guilt and despair. Now, hostility radiated from his pores and murderous intent burned in his sanguine eyes.

"I'm not planning on being a sandbag, Kacchan!"

Bakugo didn't react to Midoriya's declaration. Instead, he promptly blasted up into the air, circling back down like a projectile to attack his classmate.

Midoriya just barely jumped away from the deadly explosion.

"Don't make me think!" Bakugo surrounded himself with explosions in a furious outburst, plowing through the pavement to reach a still airborne Midoriya.

My eyes were glued to their every move. I thought that I shouldn't intervene, seeing that they needed to work things out between themselves and that I was just an outsider. I'll butt in when it gets too dangerous, I thought. But what constituted as dangerous? Wasn't what was happening already extremely dangerous?

The thing is, even then, maybe I still wouldn't butt in. It's not like I was obligated to save either of them. I wasn't supposed to be here in the first place and neither were they. If they got hurt, it was on them.

Out of nowhere, Bakugo's body changed trajectory. Flipping behind Midoriya, Bakugo gave him no room for reaction as he landed a powerful punch straight into Midoriya's unguarded midriff.

The punch was so powerful it sent Midoriya flying with his back hitting the metal railings on the sides of the training ground.

I involuntarily winced, feeling the phantom pains of my previously broken spine.

Bakugo fought as if he had a hit list with a time limit. Giving Midoriya no time for recovery, Bakugo grabbed Midoriya by his wrist and flung him across the field, the momentum of the throw also making him fall into the bent railings.

"I thought you weren't going to be a sandbag!" Bakugo roared, using the railing as a crutch to pull himself to his feet.

"I won't be one!" Scrambling to his feet, Midoriya rushed at Bakugo, green energy crackling around his body.

"I'm sure you're up to something." Bakugo cupped his hands together, creating a blinding flash but no explosion. Temporarily blinding Midoriya, Bakugo landed another punch, this time a hook to Midoriya's jaw. "That's what makes me sick!"

A deafening blast blew Midoriya high into the air. "I can't tell what you're thinking . . . No matter how much I beat you up, you stick close! Even though you were nothing, it's like you're looking down on me!"

Ah, the woes of your own over-active imagination.

Bakugo's dramatic dialogue entertained me.