251 - Kisses

Prompt - Period piece about Henry observing Frary at a dance please!

/

Balls tended to get dreary towards the end of the evening and in the small hours of the next day, when the elder generations began to grow sleepier and more fatigued and the younger acted foolishly under the influence of the bottle after too much wine. The music decreased in quality as the orchestras began to care less and less about the music and wish deeper and deeper for a cozy mattress rather than a bedmate. Whenever the King hadn't found a pretty girl to go to bed with, or when his beloved mistress was shopping to her heart's content in Paris, and the Queen had long since retired, he finds himself more drawn to observing the people taking into use the ballroom de Saint-Germain. He observed the clumsy footsteps of the liquored up nobility, and the prowess' of women in their need to become another woman's lover.

His gaze falls over his heir and his wife, who lay languidly over a mint green settee, the Prince of France laying over the cherise, while his wife lay upon his chest, her back on top of him. They're not exactly laying, due to the angle of the chair, more sitting, but it's very intimate from what he can see.

Francis appears to be teasing his pretty young wife, whispering in her ear, making her laugh, his arms wrapped around her middle. She's giggling as he points out something about one of the court ladies or court men, his chin resting on the nape of his neck. He grins at her, kissing her neck, making her squeal and face him. They look so youthful and contented that it does indeed make the King of France happy to see that his son and his wife have found a deeper connection than he and his own wife ever found together.

And when they kiss, it warms Henry's heart to know that Francis and Mary may have a chance in this Godforsaken world.