228 - Breastfeeding *Modern*

Prompt - How about one about those noobs who think breastfeeding in public is wrong?

Prononciation key - Aiden = eye-den / Elodie = eh-luh-dee / Acacia = ah-kay-see-ah / Rivera - riv - air - uh

/

"Oh, Kenna, no-" Bash sounds dismayed to hear what his wife had done. From the side of him, Francis laughs as he sighs loudly -albeit a little theatrically- and places the opposite hand on his forehead, closing his eyes as he continued to listen to his fiancee's words on the phone. "Why did you-" he cuts himself off. "No, no. We'll talk about it as soon as we get home." he says. "God, Ken-" he rolls his eyes. "Fine, we'll be right out." he hangs up the phone and looks towards the blonde. "Come outside? Kenna can't get the car seat out, she's bought so many pairs of Louboutins."

Mary snickers at her best friend and cousin's actions, casting a quick look at the small baby feeding from her breast underneath the blanket on her shoulder. Francis chuckles and nods.

"Yeah, sure." he says. Husband and wife look at each other. "Will you be okay for a few minutes?"

"Yeah, we'll be fine. Won't we, loves?" Mary looks at the three and two year old children at her left, glancing at the one year old baby strapped in her high chair to her right. 

"Yep, Daddy!" the boy -all dark hair and bright green eyes, the elder of the two children, smiles widely, showing off the gap in his teeth. His hair is raggedy and untamable, and he's half way off yanking off the napkin hanging off his t-shirt. Francis smiles at his son.

"Uh-huh!" the small blonde haired girl nods quickly, reaching for a cut up piece of garlic bread and marinara sauce to jam into her mouth. She rubs her eye with the back of her other hand, blue eyes clenching closed as she did so.

"Nap time after we get back?" Francis smiles gently at his daughter. Mary casts a loving glance to her eldest daughter, reaching over to pull a small leaf from her hair.

"Mmm-hmm." she hums, reaching over to jam her pink metal straw into her mouth, sucking up her juice with a satisfied grin.

"We'll be fine, go help Bash." Mary says, smiling at her husband as he and his half brother left the restaurant they were supposed to have lunch with Kenna and Bash inside, for the duo wanted to go over some details for their wedding in the summer. 

Mary settles back into her chair, sipping her water as the baby on her chest continued to feed from her. She glances at the toddler to her side, reaching over to wipe the baby girls' face, cleaning it from all the tomato sauce the child had insisted on smearing all over her face while eating a little spaghetti while they waited for the always tardy future Mrs. de Portiers to arrive with Rivera, the seven month old daughter of Kenna and Bash.

Kenna and Mary developed something else in common last spring, having finally given their husbands -future in Kenna's case- a healthy biological child. She smiles gently, sadly, when she remembers all the losses, the loss so great and terrible that it made having these three children possible.

These three children weren't Valois' by blood. No, seven miscarriages and a stillbirth had caused Mr and Mrs. Valois-Angouleme to grieve the prospect of bringing life into this world. Each loss was represented by a diamond that lay upon the neck of Mary Valois to this very day. Eight five carat diamonds gleam on her skin, a gift from Catherine after Mary and Francis decided to not try again. PCOS had devastated them both, their last pregnancy -at the time- scaring them both so greatly that surrogacy dissolved as an option. They had looked into adoption, and found their next stage in life through the marvelous prospect. A lovely woman named Madeline from Italy had fallen pregnant with Aiden, and the three of them had been matched up through a lovely agency Henry and Catherine recommended. She hadn't been in a position to raise her baby, and Mary and Francis took the baby home on December seventeenth. An open adoption seemed only fair, and pictures and videos were sent to Madeline every few weeks, she even came to Aiden's last three birthdays. A year later, their eldest baby girl Elodie was brought into their home. She was different, a biological half sibling to Aiden, her biological mother being physically and mentally unwell through her pregnancy, and her and the bio-father had signed away their rights to Elodie the day after she was born. Needless to say, that the adoption of their little girl was a closed one. And last year, welcoming Acacia into the Valois-Angouleme home had been a beautiful day in the French countryside. Mary's half sister, Jeanette, had fallen pregnant after a one night stand. She hadn't wanted the baby, and neither had Robert, so Mary and Francis had so happily taken in their newest baby girl.