𝟐𝟒. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐀𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

"It's fine dude, just don't look behind." Jake whispered as he took quiet steps ahead in the dark.

"That does not help." Sunghoon whispered back with his fists clenched and shoulders brought up.

"What is this supposed to be?" Eunhae furrowed her brows upon opening a book to find empty pages.

"This one too." Heeseung replied after showing her the blank pages of the book in his hands.

"They're all....blank." Jungwon stood there to stare at the pile of books they took out from the shelves of the archive.

"Is this a prank?" Eunhae held her forehead with one hand on the side of her hip in frustration.

"They must've placed some blindness spell on these." Heeseung speculated while observing the cover of the book in his hands.

He squinted his eyes and turned around
to look for something.

"What is that..?" Jungwon titled his neck to witness two glass cubes in the middle of the room placed on wooden pillar looking stands.

"Something related to the spell we need to figure it out." Eunhae marched towards the cubes that seemed to be around 20 inches tall and wide.

"Yes Sir Lucas sent us to fetch some paperwork from his office." Sohyeon explained with a smile and the receptionist narrowed his eyes at her.

"Lucas never allows students in here." He replied sternly.

"Of course he doesn't. Can't you see mister?" Sohyeon pulled Riki to her side. "We aren't students...." She pulled the sleeve of her shirt up from the wrist and the boy did the same.
"We're royals." They showed him their oath emblems on their skin, a crescent moon covering the sun.

"Well...." The man parted his lips.

"Or I'll just let Lucas know that you didn't let us inside." The girl shrugged and turned around.

"Wait." He stopped them and Sohyeon tried to contain her smile while turning around.

"Sir, do you need anything? Americano or like a latte?" Jay inquired while walking beside Lucas.

"We can get you a jelly filled donut with that too!" Sunoo beamed. " You can pretend there's blood inside instead of strawberry jam." He smiled that made his eyes disappear.

"What do you boys want?" Lucas stopped in his tracks with a huge sigh.

"Sir we just want to thank you for being so kind enough to let us become royals. We're indebted for life." Sunoo pouted while looking at the floor.

"We were thinking you deserve some rest. You work so much." Jay pulled him to sit in the lounge.

"You do know true bloods don't get tired?" He looked at them with a raised eyebrow and Sunoo bit his inner cheek, refraining himself from laughing in embarrassment.

"Of course we know! We don't just want to show how gracious we are for your efforts. Please sir, I insist." Jay pleaded.
"Do you want to watch a movie? Or like spend time in the spa."

"Hey Nicholas!" Jay stopped the boy who was passing by.

"Huh?" Nicholas looked at him with puzzled eyes.

"Don't you think sir needs a break?" Jay inquired with wide eyes.

"What...?" Nicholas replied with clueless eyes.

"I think it's time you find yourself a mate. I mean a bride. Aren't you getting too old?" Sunoo diverted his attention immediately.

"True bloods don't marry." Lucas gritted his teeth since he was losing his patience with them.

"Why does the forbidden archive have to be so forbidden that there isn't even a security guard here?" Jake held Sunghoon's arm and stepped closer to him.

"The forbidden archive doesn't need any security because it has been guarded by our ancestors." An unfamiliar voice answered and the boys immediately straightened their shoulders.

"Thank you for granting us access inside here." The same voice spoke but now the speaker was known due to the light emitting out of his hand.

"At least these lousy blood suckers are of some use." A girl who sat on one of the tables. "No offense Hein."

"None taken. Alicia." The boy with silver hair replied with a chuckle.
"I wouldn't do something silly if I were you." He snickered at Jake and Sunghoon who widened their eyes upon feeling sharp claws wrapped in front of their necks.

The two werewolves behind the boys were in the state of a partial transformation, having only their hands and ears transformed into a wolf and tails wagging from behind.

"It's been a while since I sniffed up some royals." The one holding Jake commented.

"What are you filthy mutts doing here on the other side?" Sunghoon managed to question.

"Do we really need to explain anything?" Alicia laughed. "We're here for the exact same reason you are."

"So you're their leader?" Jake snickered. "And you must be another one of those traitors." He narrowed his eyes at Hein.

"Don't get too worked up shorty." Alicia jumped off the table and slowly walked towards the boy.
"We've slaughtered innumerable low lives like you. You're just another easy target for us." She laughed at his face.

"And that's where you're wrong." Sunghoon smirked and his back emitted blue fire in an instant, making the werewolf behind him step back.
Jake on the other hand took the chance and gripped the other werewolf's neck and body-slammed him to the front.

"What was that?" Heeseung and others looked up at the sound coming from outside.

"We don't have time for that. We have figured out what this is. I'm sure it's some sort of key." Eunhae looked back at the cube.

"It says something in the ancient language. I don't know what it says!" Jungwon panicked.

"Hee you took that class. I'm sure you know the basics. I'm ordering you as queen to use your full brain capacity right now." Eunhae looked at him with firm eyes.

"I don't even remember what happened yesterday. You expect me to remember an ancient language I have never practiced." Heeseung pursed his lips making Eunhae and Jungwon look at each other with straight faces.

__________________________________