Rediscovering Each Other

Start from the beginning

He looks up at me, opening his eyes and shrieking when shampoo water washes into them. "Fuck! My fucking eyes!"

I grab a washcloth and cover it with water, wringing it out and holding it to his eyes. "Sorry! I didn't mean to startle you!"

Silas' is eventually able to open his eyes, and they're red from the soap, more in his left than his right eye, but he's smiling. He kisses my neck, and then pulls me down to peck my lips.

"I love you, too," he says, and my heart pounds in my chest. "I've loved you and Lincoln for a while, but I didn't know how to get the words out. When I was in the warehouse, I was afraid I wouldn't ever get the chance to tell you."

I blink to keep myself from tearing up.

Come on, Atticus! Be the tough guy! He was the one being held hostage, not you!

Silas is smiling at me when I meet his eyes once again. "Are you okay, Atticus?" he whispers, wiping a traitorous tear away. "You don't have to stop yourself from crying for me."

Well, he's convinced me.

I let the first tears fall, and after that, they take a while to stop. "I'm sorry, I just felt that every second you were missing, that was one second of me not doing my job as an officer or as a good boyfriend."

"Stop putting the world on your shoulders, Atticus. You can't save everyone," Silas tells me, kissing my neck and making a shiver run down my spine. "And you did save me, even if it took a few days."

He does have a point, but I still feel guilty that he had to wait for so long, along with the other individuals we were captured with.

I had been told that a lot of the ones with Mistacesemia had no search party looking for them because their families or people they knew were prejudice, and Jared said that Leo (his boyfriend?) explained that it was the primary reason they were taken.

"Atticus," Silas says, and I hum in question as I rinse the conditioner out of his hair. "I don't know about you, but I'm craving sex, so can we finish this up?"

"Yeah," I say, my voice so low that I can see Silas shiver in anticipation. "I've missed your ass, kitten."

Silas lets out a shaky breath, and I'm pretty sure it's because he didn't expect me to be husky-dominant Atticus tonight. He finishes rinsing off and drying himself off, but before he can leave for the bedroom, I grab around his waist.

"Go lay on the bed on your back, Silas," I whisper in his ear. "I need to grab something real quick."

He nods, pecking my lips once more before he runs off.

I pull on a bathrobe and leave the room, because I didn't bring any lube, but Jared always brings a little bottle with him in his travel bag, and I had grabbed his travel bag from the station before we saved them.

And right now I need some, because lotion will work, but it just isn't the same.

I knock on the door to the room Jared and Leo are sharing (even though Leo denied that they were dating when I first met him).

Jared opens the door, only wearing underwear, and I see countless bite marks and hickies on his neck.

"Damn, that kid mauled you!" I exclaim, and Jared looks over his shoulder and I can see Leo asleep on the bed. "Never mind, I need to borrow some lube."