Fear of safety.

Author's pov :

It's a new morning.

Nowadays Nilima and Raj (Nilima's husband) are spending most of their day worrying about their son who is leaving far from them in a good city and doing a government job.

Nilima and Raj are a lovely couple. They had one and only son Mohit. They are so happy when their son got a government job and went to the city finally getting settled in his career. They even planned to get him to marry after two or three years as per his choice.

Everything going well in their lives. But things got suddenly changed, at first they listed in news there is a virus called covid-19 which is spreading in some countries. They also saw they should wash their hands with sanitisers more often to avoid the spread and eat Vitamin C rich foods.

At first, they took it lightly and thought the virus cases are still not noted in our country. But when gradually they heard few cases are started even in their country. They followed the precautions which they have previously heard in news. They also advised their son to follow those.

But the virus cases slowly started to spread all over the world. Every country government got worried about the increase of cases. No scientist or doctor can find a medicine to stop the spread. Medical experts advised to use masks while going out, use sanitisers and maintain social distance.

But still, the cases increased and some people lost their lives fighting with the virus.

Experts advised for a lockdown.

Mohit returned to his parent's house.

Many job holders and students who are leaving away from their hometown returned same as Mohit.

Every family, every individual got the fear of the virus and followed the lockdown. People only used to go out to bring necessary things like milk and groceries or for medical help.

Many daily wage people and their families suffered from this lockdown as there is no income for them. But still, they stayed inside their house with the fear of the virus.

Some good-hearted people came forward supplying food and necessities as much as they can for the needy. Even though lockdown made people distant from each other physically but still with things like these they proved, they are there for one another.

Many doctors and medical staff spent their days and nights at hospitals treating the infected people. In the process, some medical staff even lost their lives but still, other medical staff stood in hospitals continuing their duty. They are warriors. Warriors who did their best to save many lives from the pandemic.

Police officers continued their duty guarding each road and locality making sure everyone is following the precautions. So that no more lives should suffer been caught by the virus. These officers are the warriors who risked their lives standing on each cover of roads just to make sure we will follow every precaution.

Cleaning staff continued their duty cleaning all the public places, vehicles and everything we use so those things will not carry the virus. These staffs are the warriors who worked to make things and places safe for us.

Many governments took planned steps based on the situations and supplied necessities, arranged masks, beds and medicines for people.

With all these effects and safety steps we followed we slowly got to a little better position by the end of 2020.

With time few countries medicine research companies invented different vaccinations and got them tested and approved. This shows their effects, hard work,  dedication and knowledge.

Slowly people started taking the vaccination. Many governments provided them for free. In between some doubts on the safety of vaccination arrived but medical people explained on various social media sites that vaccinations are safe. Many people of allowed age groups trusted and got vaccinated.

The fear of the virus slowly erased from people's life. Even they have forgotten the lesson it taught. Many people stopped following precautions.

Governments also thought vaccinations are already going on. We are free from the pandemic.

Slowly they opened schools, colleges and all other things.

With the newfound strength in the name of vaccination, many people neglected following precautions like keeping masks, using sanitisers and maintaining social distance.

Small kids and children who are going to school may not understand the seriousness of the virus but it's the responsibility of their parents, teachers and school to teach them patiently but only school managements can answer if they really did teach the students all these and made them follow every single precaution.

Many functions and parties which are postponed due to covid are begun to hold. Only the people who conducted those functions and people who attended those functions know if they really followed every single precaution.

Almost every office and businesses are opened and people started to go to their regular workplaces. Some people would have their own vehicles, some people would share the public transport to go to their workplaces. Only those people know if they really followed every single precaution while travelling and working in their workplaces.

Many governments held elections in different places. Only the government and people who voted know if they really have followed every precaution while going to the election campaign and on the election day.

Only every single individual know if they really followed every precaution.

Some got fearless because they got vaccinated. Some got fearless because they know already vaccination is invented.

Many people started pointing out the income problems, they stated they need money, lockdown already did major damage to their economy. Yes, it's true but did they wore masks, used sanitisers and at least maintained little social distance with others. Only they should know the answer.

Everything went wrong. The virus second phase started severely. Spread is much faster than early. The virus became more strong.

Vacancies just boosted the immunity systems and produced antibodies to fight against the virus but they could not prevent the spread.

More vaccine supply needed, much more fastly.

Spread is increasing. Hospital beds are full. People are losing their lives fighting with the virus. Even many doctors got infected treating patients. Situations lost control.

The government is saying it can't again impose lockdown as it may cause a huge loss to the economy. They are trying to make vaccinations procedure speed.

Many employers are going to their jobs with fear of getting infected. Many parents like Nilima and Raj, whose children are going to schools, colleges, and offices, are worried about their children lives.

Now we are leaving with fear. Fear for our safety. Fear for our loved one's safety.

Maybe if only we all had included a healthy diet, did a little exercise, maintained hygienic surroundings, kept masks, used sanitisers and maintained social distance while going out. Avoided crowded gatherings which are unnecessary. Would have made a lot of change from the present situation.

If only every one of us followed. If only we would really learn lessons from the previous pandemic situation and never forgotten it. We would have avoided today's situation.

********************************

Never forgot a lesson that life taught you.

Taking precautions is always better than cure.