Epilogue

A couple months later...

"Did he tell you where he's taking you?" Genevieve asked from my bed.

She decided to come to my dorm to help me get ready for my spontaneous date with Draven tonight. Well, not tonight technically, because it was just past noon on a Saturday and he told me to be ready by one, which is when he was going to be picking me up.

"Nope, just told me to wear jeans."

"Odd."

"My thoughts exactly."

I pulled a pair of jeans from my closet and held them up in front of me, turning to her. "How about these?" They were a light denim blue that hemmed just about my ankles. They looked really cute when I matched them with riding boots.

Genevieve pursed her lips as she glanced over the jeans. "Mmm...nah. I'm not feeling those. Ooh! Go with the ones that make your ass look huge." She spread her hands and made a rounded gesture to emphasize her point.

I laughed and turned back into my tiny closet. "I have two pairs that do that. Be more specific."

"The ones with butt pockets."

"Ah," I hummed and thumbed through the jeans hanging up before I landed on the ones she suggested. I grabbed them and held them up like I did the other ones. These were a darker blue with a small rip in one of the thighs. I could also pair these with riding boots, but I thought a pair of ankle boots would compliment them the most.

"Yes, definitely. Pair it up with that white low cut top. You know, the one that has ruffles down the neckline?"

"Yes, that's perfect."

I set the jeans down on my bed next to Genevieve and fished around for the top. I laid out the boots I planned to wear next to the jeans and Genevieve hummed her approval at my choice.

"Ugh," Genevieve muttered as I pulled the jeans up my legs. They were probably the most breathable jeans that I owned. I cursed myself for not thinking of them before.

I glanced up at her. "What's wrong?"

She was looking down at her phone, an annoyed look on her face, but among it I saw something else that she was attempting to mask. "This asshole won't leave me alone."

That concerned me. "What's he doing?"

"He won't stop texting me about a little encounter we had a couple weeks ago."

A grin spread on my lips as I detected her meaning. "What kind of encounter?"

Her blue eyes met mine, and she actually looked sheepish. Embarrassed. "Nothing major, okay? We met at Charlie's party and were drinking together. He was passing my tests with flying colors, right, and I thought this could be a dude that I could get on with. Well, I let him take me to his room, because it turned out that he is apart of Charlie's frat and lives there. And basically, when we stumbled into his room, I fell down, scraped the shit out of my hands and knees on his carpet, threw up at the same time, all over his pile of dirty laundry, then passed out."

She breathed it out all in one rush, and I had to rerun her words over in my mind to make sense of them. I tried not to laugh, but the effort was futile and I ended up sputtering while at the same time trying to button my jeans. My shaking shoulders made it rather difficult, though.

"Don't laugh at me, Azura! I've never been that embarrassed before. And he just left me there! I woke up the next morning in the same spot, dried vomit on my face, and his cocky ass standing over me and laughing his ass off. He turned out to be the biggest asshole on the planet. I say it was my drunken mind that had me willing to spread my legs for his ass."

What Happens in the Darkजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें