The End

The End

Life is amazing. I've been on the news, magazine covers. I've walked runways. I've been in commercials.

But I kind of wanna lay low now. And that's what I'm doing.

People don't really recognize me when I walk the street. To them, I'm another person. But when they say my name, I'm immediately recognized, and it freaks me out. Especially with kids. Do you know how embarrassing it is to have a panic attack in front of a group of seven-year-olds?

At Lamar's centre, I'm treated the same but my new clients are getting used to it. I'm back training people. I like my life.

Eight to nine months later

My alarm is going off, and I lift my head off my pillows feeling drowsy. Which means I'm awake on my medication.

And it's not my alarm.

It's a phone call.

My phone is on do not disturb when I sleep, which means whoever called this is their third time trying to reach me.

I grumble, "people just want to kill me."

I answer my phone.

"Izzy?"

I pull on my ears to see if I hear that correctly.

"Stell?" I put my phone on speaker and look at my clock. "It's four in the morning."

"I know I'm sorry."

"Are you crying?" I drag a hand down my face.

My parents took Stell back home and don't speak to me. They sure do take my money because I basically pay for their lives! Their house? My house, their groceries? My groceries. Their travels? Everything comes from me.

"No, I'm not crying."

"I know how you sound when you are-"

"Dad kicked me out."

I-

"What?"

"He said I was a disappointment. And how I'll never learn unless I'm on my own. He said he was doing this because he cares."

"What did she say?"

"Refused to see me. Izzy, I need a flight. I can't stay here."

I agree and get on my feet. "Yeah, you aren't staying there. You are staying with me." I wobble to Mari's room.

He's asleep, but I take his laptop.

I open it and music starts playing.

"Iz, I thought we made rules about rooms and when we are sleeping in the night. It's not good for you to be up." He groans into his pillows.

"Stella is on the phone with me. They kicked her out in buying her a plane ticket." I say, and this is the fastest I've ever seen him get out of bed.

"Stella?" He asks.

She answers him with a hum.

"You okay?"

"Yes." Her voice breaks.

Mari keeps her distracted as I get on with my payment. They are good now. They sort of put aside their differences when I disappeared. I don't know how and I don't care. They get along, and I like the peace.

It's too early to bother Afi and get John and Mic involved.

I spend a couple of minutes putting in information.